• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The SIXTH (more or less) Annual Whatcom County Chapter Picnic of 2016

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Whatcom County Chapter of Washington Open Carry will be holding our Sixth Annual Family Picnic

Please come to Bloedel Donovan Park in Bellingham, Washington for the Sixth Annual OC picnic. A beautiful family setting, not far from downtown, at 2214 Electric Avenue. The picnic will start at eleven AM, Saturday, 16 July, 2016 and go on until we tire. BBQ stations will be cooking Hot Dogs, Burgers, and ribs. Bring something to share and spend some time with us.

Safety classes, firearm storage classes, and a few local speakers again this year, and prizes too. Bring the kids, pets must be “on leash”.
Well holstered firearms are encouraged, but not required. Unsafe acts will not be tolerated.

WHO:Open to all open carriers and their families or friends.

WHEN:16 JULY 2016 from 11:00 (aye em) until we tire

WHERE:Bloedel Donovan Park. A lovely waterfront setting, centrally located in Bellingham. Easy access to interstate five makes getting into and out of the area easy.

UNSAFE ACTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

https://www.cob.org/services/recreat...ovan-park.aspx

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We seem to be getting quite a bit of positive about our picnic on the sixteenth. The number of people this year may be huge. The word is out, The People can go armed.

Those OCDO people who will be coming are requested to "observe" the visitors. We may need a tad of "security" in case we are visited by the violence that is abounding this political season. Thank you

Freedom1Man

We seem to be getting quite a bit of positive about our picnic on the sixteenth. The number of people this year may be huge. The word is out, The People can go armed.

Those OCDO people who will be coming are requested to "observe" the visitors. We may need a tad of "security" in case we are visited by the violence that is abounding this political season. Thank you
I have been telling people about it.
Got a big can of chili this time.
Going to makr the cornbread "from scratch" rather than the instant stuff from last year.

And need to get the cake mix for the cobbler still though.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
COMING AT YOU THIS WEEKEND, 16 JULY, 2016, COME VISIT BELLINGHAM AND SPEND TIME WITH LIKE MINDED PARTICIPANTS.

The Sixth Annual Whatcom County OC picnic. As stated, festivities will begin at noon. Come on up and spend some Family time.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
What a great time. We had over a hundred people, most open carrying. Food was good and plentiful, and safety classes went great. Lots of prizes and everyone enjoyed them.
We did not break up until seven. Quick breakdown and out of town

Zippoz

What a great time. We had over a hundred people, most open carrying. Food was good and plentiful, and safety classes went great. Lots of prizes and everyone enjoyed them.
We did not break up until seven. Quick breakdown and out of town

I attended - carrying - and enjoyed the safety presentations. When you get past the 4 rules (which are great, by the way) I would recommend many repeats of the first rule when talking about cleaning the weapon or practicing drawing from the holster or other similar situations. I don't think it can be over emphasized. Other than that it was very enjoyable. Thank you.