• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This guy was walking around a Lancaster, NH campground this weekend....

doobie

imported post

3669708374_0f9ac3f6e6_o.jpg
Oh wait, it is me under all that... :cool:

doobie

imported post

Riana wrote:
:what:The big question is, did anyone notice?? :lol:
Lots of people wanted to take my picture and (strike)hold(/strike) fondle my sword.

Three firearms open carried (can't fully tell in the picture), one sword, one knife (left the other three at home, doh!), one concealed pistol, concealed laser pointer, one tactical (aka blindingly bright) flashlight, and one claymore sword.

GoldCoaster

imported post

A bit like Duncan McLeod from the clan McLeod.. in the end, there can be only one.. only with more firepower!

What does your shirt say and what does that little thing clipped to your collar say?

That's quite the ensemble for sure!

rmodel65

imported post

what does the little police label say on your shirt, i cant believe you actually went out and OC'ed the sword that is pure win

doobie

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
A bit like Duncan McLeod from the clan McLeod.. in the end, there can be only one.. only with more firepower!

What does your shirt say and what does that little thing clipped to your collar say?

That's quite the ensemble for sure!
Tee-shirt: http://www.zazzle.com/im_not_a_terrorist_tshirt-235490918176125165?gl=OpenCarryNH

Sticker: http://www.zazzle.com/3_for_1_police_to_harass_and_generate_revenue_bumper_sticker-128464223994488033?gl=OpenCarryNH`

doobie

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

CapnKlay

imported post

Check the cover of that issue of Astounding - not in that one he didn't. That is clearly a holster and pistol with ivory grips on his hip.

flintlock tom

imported post

CapnKlay wrote:
Check the cover of that issue of Astounding - not in that one he didn't. That is clearly a holster and pistol with ivory grips on his hip.
The cover artist never gets the details right. In Methuselah's Children L.L. straps his "blaster" to his thigh, under his kilt.
In another Heinlein novel the main character reproduces an "ancient" pistol design, a model 1911, but the cover art is a revolver.

CapnKlay

imported post

Yah, I know.
Cover artists in the in pre 80's, as a general rule, had never read the actual story, much less the genre.
... and I remember Lazarus strapping his 'blaster" to his thigh. I grew up trying to figure out how he had so much room under there also.
You're right, Lazarus carried a replica of a Colt 1911 .45 made from an ancient pistol at the Smithsonian. Everybody else carried energy weapons.
I am guessing the cover artist didn't know the diff between a 1911 and a peacemaker.

...in any case: Doobie, way to go! Excellent showing of second amendment rights and knowledge of R.A.H.

Hey... are those Green Hills behind you?

doobie

imported post

CapnKlay wrote:
Yah, I know.
Cover artists in the in pre 80's, as a general rule, had never read the actual story, much less the genre.
... and I remember Lazarus strapping his 'blaster" to his thigh. I grew up trying to figure out how he had so much room under there also.
You're right, Lazarus carried a replica of a Colt 1911 .45 made from an ancient pistol at the Smithsonian. Everybody else carried energy weapons.
I am guessing the cover artist didn't know the diff between a 1911 and a peacemaker.

...in any case: Doobie, way to go! Excellent showing of second amendment rights and knowledge of R.A.H.

Hey... are those Green Hills behind you?
I always figured it was on his outside thigh, but I haven't been able to successfully conceal a pistol under my kilt without it being uncomfortable or very clear that something is there..

In some of the pictures there may be Green Hills of Earth, but alas not in most of them. In the picture I posted you can kind of see the hills/mountains beyond, but I am not sure if they are green at the altitude you can see.

flintlock tom

imported post

Doobie,
Thanks for posting, this is fun.
I am definitely going to add a Claymore to my ensemble. It is going to make it hard to sit in the booth at Denny's though.