• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts and encounters with the people of Las Vegas

greengum

I have had a few encounters this year, none of which deserves a post of their own so I will lump them together here.

1. Mr. joker. I go to the corner market once a day to get smokes and such. All the people who work behind the counter know I O.C. and we often have conversations about it. Well they are all comfortable and don't even think twice which led to this uncomfortable situation which could have ended badly. I walked into the store and was in line when one of the clerks said "hey don't shoot!" he was kidding of course but a lady in line looked a little shook up and was looking around. I said something along the lines of "dude you are going to scare someone saying that". He let everyone know he was kidding.

2. More Bank officials. So I went to US bank off of Stephanie in Henderson to transfer money to another account. I noticed the manager follow me to the tellers and stand over her shoulder while I completed my transaction. I figured had something to do with me O.C.ing so I simply told the manager "I didn't do it!" with a smile. She asked if I carried a gun everywhere and I said yes. She said that it might scare some of the tellers to which another teller responded "pshh oh him? he is harmless. I've seen him in here a lot of times. He wouldn't hurt anyone." Everyone kind of laughed it off and I went on with my business.

3. Mr. Busybody. We all know this guy. He is the worst. I went to Smiths and this guy is standing near the entrance. I grab a cart and make my way to the veggies. I hear "sir sir excuse me but they are going to call 911 because there is a bank in this store. i know this because I work security." i just wanted avacados now I have to deal with the same jerk off that calls your HOA because your dog took a leak near his lawn. I told him it was o.k. and that I bank at that branch and it would not be the first time someone called 911 and to have a nice day. A few minutes later I saw him on the phone staring at me.../sigh I left before any police arrived.

4. Mr. gun expert. I have been told what kind of gun I carry and often it is wrong. When I correct Mr. gun expert they still don't believe me. Like dude seriously I'm not going to lie on the make/model/ and caliber while at the car wash.

5. Pizza guy topped with .45. I went to pick up a pizza and the owner saw I was armed. He pulled out a .45 unloaded it and handed it to me showing off his new piece. We had a great conversation. I only get pizza from their now.

6. Mr. moron who thinks I'm an expert in the physics of firearms. Grocery shopping has become a chore these days when I go at rush hour. Some guy stopped me and wanted to know about guns. He brought up a recent shooting he saw on the news then posed this question to me. "can a 9mm semi auto in a backpack fire if the backpack is dropped" I'M F*CKING BAGGING UP APPLES, DO I LOOK LIKE RICHARD FEYNMAN? My answer was that anything is possible if the right set of circumstances arose.

Well I hope you are entertained and laugh a little. I'm sure you guys have run into these types of people before.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
6. Mr. moron who thinks I'm an expert in the physics of firearms. Grocery shopping has become a chore these days when I go at rush hour. Some guy stopped me and wanted to know about guns. He brought up a recent shooting he saw on the news then posed this question to me. "can a 9mm semi auto in a backpack fire if the backpack is dropped" I'M F*CKING BAGGING UP APPLES, DO I LOOK LIKE RICHARD FEYNMAN? My answer was that anything is possible if the right set of circumstances arose.

This guy had a valid question, and assumed that you know more about guns than he knows. Give him a snotty answer, and you paint us all with the same tar brush.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I dunno."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
We're all ignorant of something, it's human nature from the day we're born to the day we die.

Intentionally avoiding the cure, that, I abhor. Teh Interwebz is everywhere. For those who thirst for knowledge and use it well, it has made College obsolete. Teh Interwebz has taught me more than any School. Mostly, that you should consider many sources, if you trust one source implicitly (your school) you have no idea if you're being lied to. Teachers are not immune to talking out their asses to look cool.

I hate not knowing. There is no excuse for it anymore. People who ask questions like that, and are over 12 years old, are not trying. Most likely taunting and being an asshat. I can't honestly believe it is possible to live that long and not know those answers. Unless you have a Mental Handicap or Brain Damage....

I would probably dismiss someone like that as either taunting me, or too stupid to understand the answer anyway. Old enough to find your way to the Grocery Store on your own; you should know already. If you don't, have a nice day, moron/asshat.