• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thoughts...

solus

just received the NRA's BS&P email about "icarry" video 'newsletter' and in the promo shots there is this olde guy demonstrating several shooting stance where he consistently has and exaggerated position with his head scrunched over as his neck and hunched shoulders pushed forward so the top of his eyes are level with the sight and with elbows locked...aka "the tactical Turtle" and the "tactical Lean" positions and he is trying to see out of what i presume are bi-focal'd glasses.

Looked quite quite uncomfortable...

your stance of late??

Ghost1958

I have trained in many different stances including C.A.R.

That said , what I use is what will work at the time.

solus

as have i but the key word is "trained"

the instances my firearm was presented situationally in my SD i didn't think "oh lookie i just used a modified weaver" or "wait, my feet aren't set properly for isosceles" but rather follow your concept..."darn sure glad i walked away this time.."

OC for ME

I practice shooting from retention, semi-auto and wheel guns, as well as more traditional techniques (including Mossad draws)...where I can...no manned gun range will allow this type of practice. There are a few DNR unmanned ranges withing a reasonable drive...out in the woods...about 1.5 hours from my home, where there is an opportunity to do such practicing.

Firearms Iinstuctor

There is no perfect "stance" for every one looking at or trying something new isn't bad/good or other wise on it's face.

Depending on many factors one might or might not work for you.

Modifying it might work for you.

What works in competition might not work well other places/times.

If you think you are shooting the best you can then trying something new isn't going to help.

If you feel that there is room for improvement then trying something new or even getting some professional training might help.

Given everything going right I prefer a modified weaver but I practice from many different positions.

I have my own ranges so my clients and myself have the ability to shoot how we want as long as it is safe.