• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TN Home Invasion in Broad Daylight

willy1094

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/tn-homeowner-shoots-and-kills-armed-masked-home-invader-in-broad-daylight/
According to WKRN
The homeowner reported to police he was watching TV in his living room while his wife was asleep on the couch when the gunman entered through an unlocked screen door.

The gunman, whose face was masked by a bandana, demanded money and other belongings.

Metro police said the homeowner complied, but the gunman demanded more. The homeowner said as the gunman was “dealing with the wife,” he left the room and retrieved a .45 caliber pistol.
Good guy ok, bad guy dead :banana:

Last edited:

Kopis

My wife used to say i was crazy for keeping my gun on me 24/7 even while watching football or doing chores. A few years back, three thugs kicked in the front door to a neighbor's house at 10:30am on a friday morning and did a snatch and run robbery. Can you imagine if you were at home sick, or taking a personal day?

davidmcbeth

Banned
My wife used to say i was crazy for keeping my gun on me 24/7 even while watching football or doing chores. A few years back, three thugs kicked in the front door to a neighbor's house at 10:30am on a friday morning and did a snatch and run robbery. Can you imagine if you were at home sick, or taking a personal day?

Most robberies and snatch and runs in broad daylight ... they knock on the front door, no answer ~ in they go for 2 min and then back out.

Should hide your PCs etc if possible when you are out of the house.

HPmatt

The intruder, later identified as Jonathan Corke, 26, was hit several times in the arm and hip. He fled to the front yard where he collapsed.
Corke died shortly after being transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
A car believed to belong to Corke was found near the home on Longbranch.
Metro police said at the time of his untimely death, Corke was under indictment on home burglary and theft charges.

I guess he was indicted but out on bail. Thank goodness the Justice system protects us from bad guys....:(

Super6O

-snip-

Metro police said at the time of his untimely death, Corke was under indictment on home burglary and theft charges.

I guess he was indicted but out on bail. Thank goodness the Justice system protects us from bad guys....:(

"Untimely", sounds very timely to me!

I think this story, though it turned out positive for the homeowner, can serve as an example for carrying on your person even when home. Having to leave your family member in the presence of the BG to go get your firearm and come back just sounds like a tragic result waiting to happen.

Last edited:

The Truth

I carry all day every day. Sometimes it's more convenient to put it up on a high surface when I'm with my 22 month old. I hate doing that, but I also have other items in different rooms ;)

I highly suggest, if possible, BUGs everywhere.