• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today I Cried......UNFRINKINBELEIVABLE.

Redbaron007

I doubt any will take you up on blaming Obama....they got beat up pretty bad in the last thread about this.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
According to the article it started in 2003 and ended in 2008 so who else would be responsible?

Well, that's a LOADED question...let's see. Besides Bush (if he had knowledge), everyone below him in the chain of command who had any involvement/knowledge whatsoever. All it takes is for one person to stand up and do the right thing or blow the whistle.

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

Well, that's a LOADED question...let's see. Besides Bush (if he had knowledge), everyone below him in the chain of command who had any involvement/knowledge whatsoever. All it takes is for one person to stand up and do the right thing or blow the whistle.

I knew I shoulda finished the thought or someone would misinterpret so here goes....

According to the article it started in 2003 and ended in 2008 so who else would be responsible? Can't be the Clinton administration nor the Obama administration so which administration/President would it be?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I don't think any president is at fault here. I doubt bush or obama has the decision of where the remains go on their plate. They're dealing with some more higher up stuff, this seems to be a screw up at a lower level at Dover AFB. Though I am not a fan of Obama or Bush, I don't expect them to know what goes on in every office of every single military installation in the world. Let's be honest here. The decision making they're doing is a little higher up the chain than this stuff. I think a few airmen screwed up, maybe even a squadron commander.

Ironbar

The remains in question were incinerated partial remains. For the life of me I cannot fathom what disposing of those remains in a, "respectful and dignified manner" consists of. Seriously! Does someone know the answer?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The remains in question were incinerated partial remains. For the life of me I cannot fathom what disposing of those remains in a, "respectful and dignified manner" consists of. Seriously! Does someone know the answer?

I can think of a bunch of things better than throwing them in the trash. Keep them in military storage indefinitely. Place them together in a plot at Arlington. Develop a facility for the specific purpose of holding unidentified remains. Anyone involved in this should have known how wrong this was. No excuses.

SovereignAxe

I don't think any president is at fault here. I doubt bush or obama has the decision of where the remains go on their plate. They're dealing with some more higher up stuff, this seems to be a screw up at a lower level at Dover AFB. Though I am not a fan of Obama or Bush, I don't expect them to know what goes on in every office of every single military installation in the world. Let's be honest here. The decision making they're doing is a little higher up the chain than this stuff. I think a few airmen screwed up, maybe even a squadron commander.

exactly. as much as I love to hate on Bush (and I really love to hate on Bush), I can't blame him for this. There's no way he knew about it. To believe otherwise would be to believe that CINC's micromanage every part of the military, but they don't...thankfully.

MilProGuy

I don't think any president is at fault here.

I doubt bush or obama has the decision of where the remains go on their plate. They're dealing with some more higher up stuff, this seems to be a screw up at a lower level at Dover AFB...

...Let's be honest here. The decision making they're doing is a little higher up the chain than this stuff. I think a few airmen screwed up, maybe even a squadron commander.

We certainly can't "blame" the current president, because this has been going on since before he took office.

I'm with you on this one, Schlitz, someone much further down the chain of command is responsible for the dispensation of these human remains.

Ironbar

I guess I'm just goofy that way. If I were a soldier who had my foot blown off by IED or such, I wouldn't give a flying f*** what doctors did with my blown off foot. I'd just be happy to still be alive.

Fallschirjmäger

Before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, look in the telephone book and call your nearest hospital. Ask them what the disposition is of legs amputated in traffic accidents, debrided tissue from wounds, bloody bandages with bits'n'pieces of "partial remains" on them from the latest traffic accident.
Ask them what becomes of the organs removed from loved ones after an autopsy is performed?
What happens to cancerous growth that are excised from a patient who dies upon the operating table?

Incineration.
Cremation.

Do you think they fire up Ol' Smokey for every liver, every smashed eye, and every finger?
The medical waste, which is the proper terminology unless one is seeking to sensationalize (kinda like labeling any scoped deer rifle as a 'precision sniper rifle'), is commingled together and placed into a high temperature oven where it is turned into a homogenous powder.
spoon.JPG

Neither bodies, nor portions of bodies, are being dumped.

Last edited: