• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Took pistol to San Juan. No problems.

pkbites

That isn't a requirement to not be "selected for special treatment" by some! LOL

How could I be selected for special treatment when I never ID'd myself? :confused:

When you learn to read you'll see 2 things:

*This thread is about getting past the hearsay and fear mongering that goes on with this issue. You wouldn't believe how many people I've talked to that tell me they won't take their pistol on vacation (even though they have a permit/license to carry valid at their destination) because they "know" they'll get hassled at the airport. it just doesn't happen. Flying with a gun in checked luggage is no big deal.

*I routinely put down the special laws for LEO's on these boards and have been working to make them for everybody. I frequently open carry as a form of solidarity and to make the public more used to seeing arms. the ultimate goal should be absolute equality and constitutional carry everywhere!

But I'm not going to hide the fact that for now things are unbalanced in my favor and that I exercise my ability to do things that, for now, others can't. That would be a lie by omission.

JoeSparky

Centurion
PK, that was NOT the direction I was going with my "special treatment" comment....

Never hear of a OEO deciding that someone is asking for "special treatment" for things like Contempt of cop?

I do appreciate the rest of your following comments specially the last two.

Last edited:

Jared

So, you just bragging that you didn't get caught?

No, it appears that he carried under LEOSA. The "getting caught" aspect if you will means that he didn't have any encounter with the policia down there so he didn't have to show his ID.

He was referring to United Airlines, they didn't ask for anything special. I know that Jet Blue was asked to see either a PR firearms license or a police ID for anyone checking in firearms if they were traveling to Puerto Rico.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I would like to hear about any cases in the U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam

People forget that LEOSA applies in all territories and Indian reservations. Puerto Rico has never been a problem for LEOSA, neither has Guam.

Virgin Islands, CNMI, and American Samoa are another story as they are incapable of reading law.

A while back, airlines would either ask to see a Puerto Rico license or a police ID.

Keep in mind that if you frequent Puerto Rico, get a gun license as it's shall issue and the cost is waived for government employee's, since LEOSA alone doesn't exempt you from the gun free schools act and being that PR is in the 1st circuit, they are fairly anti-gun.

It might make a good story to write about. The U.S. Virgin Islands has one of the highest homicide rates in the world.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/05/strong-gun-control-high-homicide-rateus.html