• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Top Shot !

simmonsjoe

Just finished watching the latest episode of Top Shot.

I'm sad to see Kelly go. I was rooting for the kid. He would of been safe if he didn't load so many rounds. First one up the hill was a disadvantage for sure. Every time someone undercut his score I was more and more shocked. Those guys did some great shooting.

I was shocked by Blake's elimination as well. That shot was very poor.

Last edited:

wrightme

I was shocked that they took a great show concept and turned it into a JARTV show.

Just Another Reality TV show

If I can ignore the drama-llamas, the shooting is good.

simmonsjoe

Someone hasn't been watching!!

I was shocked that they took a great show concept and turned it into a JARTV show.

Just Another Reality TV show

If I can ignore the drama-llamas, the shooting is good.
They figured it out and dumped the bullshit last 2 episodes.

I'm very happy. The format for the last show was almost non-stop eliminations and it was sweet.

Remember this is the first season. I think they are tweaking things to get feedback and seeing the best format for the show. Hopefully they realized to audience they are targeting doesn't care for the drama.

"RATFINK, HE'S JUST A RATFINK..." :uhoh:

Last edited:

carracer

I also was rooting for Kelly. Didn't like the politics that put him in jeapardy nearly every time. Glad to see him pull off all those wins. I thought there were several contestants that should have been eliminated much earlier. Really thought the cowboy should have done much better with the Colt .45. Will be interesting to watch the last episode. Looking forward to the next season!

zack991

They figured it out and dumped the bullshit last 2 episodes.

I'm very happy. The format for the last show was almost non-stop eliminations and it was sweet.

Remember this is the first season. I think they are tweaking things to get feedback and seeing the best format for the show. Hopefully they realized to audience they are targeting doesn't care for the drama.

"RATFINK, HE'S JUST A RATFINK..." :uhoh:

Agreed but i wont waste another sec on that show. They burned a lot of possible fans with the drama crap.

Last edited:

Tawnos

I was pissed how Kelly was eliminated. Why did, in every other elimination match, they not allow the competitors to see each other and strategize, but they did in the last couple matches? It truly put Kelly at a huge disadvantage, when he was one of the cleanest shooters on that match.

Now I'm hoping for JJ to continue to the end. He's been impressive, though I would have loved to see JJ vs Kelly.

gsx1138

Thanks for the link, OP. I no longer have my TV's, except for streaming Netflix. I skipped the drama and went straight for the latest episode. When that guy yanked the shot to the low right on the target I just cringed. I pull my shots constantly and that's without competition stress.

simmonsjoe

Yea, but your not...

Thanks for the link, OP. I no longer have my TV's, except for streaming Netflix. I skipped the drama and went straight for the latest episode. When that guy yanked the shot to the low right on the target I just cringed. I pull my shots constantly and that's without competition stress.
... a former [highlight]USPSA GRAND MASTER[/highlight] missing from only 25ft.

PS I would of loved to see JJ vs Kelly too!!!!!

SlackwareRobert

Drama went out with the girls, or didn't you notice that? I liked the fuse shot idea. Would have liked to know the lengths since that was what was supposed to be the factor for elimination.

Agree on Kelly, but will still watch the last episode to see the winner.

Taking apps for season 2. Would love to see them use the nuclear rifle, and the rocket propelled pistol for weapons. Person with the farthest away mushroom wins.

They need to do something with those lopsided team challenges, half the people sitting out is wasteful, and you don't get to see how they handle the different weapons at all that way. Maybe those that sit out would vote on who of them goes to elimination with the losing team members, or they do the same challenge to decide after the main one.

But what a way to vote, we need that method for president, can just see FL with those butterfly ballots trying to shoot a vote for BHO, and getting Palin. Would force the anti's to allow OC voting, as you can't vote if you don't carry. Stuffing ballot boxes would be a very loud and noticeable, cutting down fraud.

JohnK87

I couldn't figure out why Denny was doing so poorly until I read an interview Cheaperthandirt.com did with him. In cowboy action shooting, they fire BLANKS at balloons! It turns out he hadn't fired a bullet in almost 10 years.

I was pulling for a Kelly/JJ final. Even then, he was NEVER last, they didn't get him until they eliminated the bottom two! Check out the interview with him also on the cheaperthandirt blog section.

simmonsjoe

Is it still winning...

Taking apps for season 2. Would love to see them use the nuclear rifle, and the rocket propelled pistol for weapons. Person with the farthest away mushroom wins.
...when the nuclear rifle was [highlight]incapable of firing past it's own kill-zone[/highlight]?

congratulations!! You get to suffer from radiation poisoning a little longer than everyone else!
Winning to me would be coming in last, and having the quickest death.

Last edited: