• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transporting Weapon in Kansas

Beware of Gun

I am new to open carry. I have taken CC class just have not received license yet. I am still unclear about carrying weapon in vehicle on Open carry. Is it all right to keep it in the trunk loaded? Do I have to unload and load it every time I go into a store etc.? I am under the assumption that I can't legally have it up front and accessible. Please let me know.

KTCerberus

Wichita says it must be unloaded and unaccessable so the plastic bag trick won't work here.

I'm pretty sure that unloaded and in a separate vehicle compartment is the only way to transport it legally inside the city limits. You may get away with the glove box, but if they are searching your vehicle for whatever reason and find it the technicalities aren't going to stop them from giving you the ride.

Beware of Gun

Wichita says it must be unloaded and unaccessable so the plastic bag trick won't work here.

I'm pretty sure that unloaded and in a separate vehicle compartment is the only way to transport it legally inside the city limits. You may get away with the glove box, but if they are searching your vehicle for whatever reason and find it the technicalities aren't going to stop them from giving you the ride.

So I can have it loaded but it must be locked either in case or in the trunk or both??