• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling through

Jimmy Dean

imported post

Hi neighbors.

I am a 25 y.o. Louisiana resident. Requiring no permit to own, purchase, or open carry a handgun. Also in La. my vehicle is considered an extension of my home, and I am allowed to carry in it without permit as well.

however, I travel through Miss. a good bit, from natchez down hwy. 61 through woodville and on to St. Francisville in La.

Now while in La. I ride with the pistol stuffed between my seat and the center seat, easily within arms reach, loaded, one in the chamber, safety on. What do I have to do as far as when I enter Miss though? I know that Mississippi accepts Louisiana CCW permits, however, as of right now I do not have a CCW, which means I have nothing in the ways of permits for my gun.

dave1289

imported post

Welcome to the forum.

Mississippi is pretty much just like LA when it comes to car carry. It can be carried anywere in the confines of your car without a permit. It's covered under Mississippi Code, section 97-37-1.

-Dave

Jimmy Dean

imported post

Thankyou. I will look that up in a bit and print it out along with hte hundreds of pages of La. law I have to print out right now due to a wonderful case of police harrassment an hour or so ago. grrrrr... you would think that police officers MIGHT care to learn the laws they have sworn to protect (no offense to any out there)