• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Travelling from the land of persecution to Colorado

Redbaron007

This fits with my travel itinerary. NJ beeline to VA to KY to MO to KS to CO.
Seems like a pretty solid route. I know there are certain exceptions, cities to avoid (Kansas City, St. Louis)

I've been doing lots of digging and planning and I'm all set to hit the road. I'll post back in a week or two a summarize my experience, unless I get jailed or some other delay.

Really tempted to bring a small covert video camera so that I can turn it on if I am stopped and record any LEO interactions for posterity.

Thanks for the many responses here, really helped me get my confidence up and some good pointers and food for thought.

Just a side note about MO....although the we have OC; municipalities do have the option of overriding it. So, if you are stopping in a couple of towns, check there regs out online. STL is a no-no as a general rule. There may be some exceptions, but without detailed knowledge, you could walk into trouble just getting out of your car.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!

DanNabis

Success!

I rode the white bison (cargo can) westward and southward and northward 2000 something miles.

I stopped in Virginia and began to exercise my Liberty.

No problems any where, no one seemed overtly discomforted.

God bless Virginia, that is some beautiful land.

I really enjoyed cruising the 'country music' wilderness road.

Kentucky was quite something, I have a strong fondness for Kentucky.

Missouri was uneventful.
Kansas was impressive. Prime cruising roads, and in Kansas I saw the sole other OC'er of this trip.

Colorado!

DanNabis

the only No Guns signs I saw were at Eddyville Wine & Spirits.
And I think I saw one at McStop in Missouri, but I didn't get close enough to inspect it.

One place had a sign that said "No Concealed Firearms permitted"
and they had no problem with my open carry, or did not say so if they did.