• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trump to consider invoking Insurrection Act exception to Posse Comitatus Act of 1878

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan

OC for ME

Sounds pretty broad to me...case law will prevail here...the Trumpster has some good lawyers, it appears, on our payroll...

...sorry..have not had my first cup-o-joe...enjoy the your readings...

JTHunter2

A protest is not insurrection.
And in case you haven't noticed, Trump says a lot of things that he never actually follows through with.

And "protestors" that have come from outside the area and who may have been paid to be there are NOT "protestors".
They are mercenaries. And THAT makes it an "insurrection".

Beretta92fsQueer

And "protestors" that have come from outside the area and who may have been paid to be there are NOT "protestors".
They are mercenaries. And THAT makes it an "insurrection".

In Kenosha roughly 70% of the rioters were from out of town. I suspect that's the case at all of these insurrections.

I've heard people claim these aren't insurrections. The whole point to these riots and looting is to destroy communities, and force politicians to ban police. They want to destroy western civilization. It's not a secret.

President Trump has taken the best approach IMO, sit back and wait for these leftist commies to come to him begging for help.

solus

Shades of the 60’s civil disturbances...

This too shall pass after the election...

KBCraig

In Kenosha roughly 70% of the rioters were from out of town. I suspect that's the case at all of these insurrections.
Protesting and rioting and insurrection are all different things.

Many BLM protestors are truly local minorities who've had a lifetime of negative experience with police.

Many, possibly even most, of the "rioters" are privileged white college-aged kids from the 'burbs. And/or paid provocateurs, including the occasional white supremacist who dresses up like antifa and starts smashing windows and setting fires.

I saw a recent video from PDX, where a black woman found the street blocked by a bunch of white "BLM protesters", who insisted that she didn't understand what was really going on. Wow, that was some first-class noblesse oblige, the leftist version of "white man's burden".

Beretta92fsQueer

Protesting and rioting and insurrection are all different things.

Many BLM protestors are truly local minorities who've had a lifetime of negative experience with police.

Many, possibly even most, of the "rioters" are privileged white college-aged kids from the 'burbs. And/or paid provocateurs, including the occasional white supremacist who dresses up like antifa and starts smashing windows and setting fires.

I saw a recent video from PDX, where a black woman found the street blocked by a bunch of white "BLM protesters", who insisted that she didn't understand what was really going on. Wow, that was some first-class noblesse oblige, the leftist version of "white man's burden".

You ride in the insurrection car, you are an insurrectionist.

solus

Remember when Luke told Yoda "I'm not afraid."? Yoda's reply was (as he leaned in closer and squinted) "You will be.".
To paraphrase Yoda's reply, "They will learn.". :devilish:

thank heavens our citizen’s national reality isn’t based around mythical characters from a sci-fi movie story line!

i mean really, if you’re enamored with make believe characters...grasp at sesame street reality...geeez

hadji

thank heavens our citizen’s national reality isn’t based around mythical characters from a sci-fi movie story line!

i mean really, if you’re enamored with make believe characters...grasp at sesame street reality...geeez

I have not checked in here in quite a while.
Now I remember why.

No need for personal attacks, solus.