• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson - protests / police + SWAT active & on the move!

FreeInAZ

Tucson - protests / police + SWAT active & on the move!

From Rusty Young Man a OCDO member on the ground in Tucson (driving through:

"Hands up don't shoot" protest here in Tucson may get ugly. Police out in force; just saw an armored truck (new SWAT toy, I imagine) and an armored Humvee headed their way."

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

From Rusty:
Just so they may steer clear of the area of Speedway blvd, between 4th Ave and the Freeway.

Rusty Young Man

Seems my work kept me too insulated from the outside world this past week.:( Watching the local news, it seems Phoenix has also had its "Hands up, don't shoot!" rallies.

As others have mentioned, this (national?) effort seems quite coordinated. At any rate, the crowd seemed to be large enough to temporarily shut down several intersections near the UA as it moved along. Was told the Tucson one started at University Blvd, then began marching westward.

Hopefully no one has been hurt, though some altercations between protestors and counter protestors have been reported.

I'd also like to thank FreeInAZ for posting this, since I was unable to at the time.:)

Last edited: