• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Ohio Democrats submit bill that would effectively kill OC/CC

Baked on Grease

Did you guys catch this? I don't know your political situation so I don't know how serious this is but I thought I should mention it in case you didn't see it.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8558

===Two Ohio Democrat State Representatives, Bill Patmon and Ted Celeste, are co-sponsoring a bill "to generally prohibit a person from having a firearm on privately owned land or premises unless the person owns, controls, or resides on or in the land or premises, has permission of the owner or person who controls the land or premises and, if the land or premises is rental property, of the tenant when required, or is the tenant with respect to those premises." The bill specifies that it "applies to any person, including a concealed handgun licensee."===

Makarov

I dought if this will pick up steam but it points to concealed carry more than open carry.

Last edited:

Brian D.

Nothing but late term political pandering. The two reps who introduced it would get re-elected in their districts if they proposed a law outlawing everything from nuclear warheads to rubber band guns. Fortunately the bill has no chance of getting any traction, and they both know it.

JediSkipdogg

That bill has less chance of survival than that of a lucid thought in Joe Biden's head.

Wow, you give him more credit than I would.

I do agree though, this bill won't go anywhere and still wouldn't go anywhere even if they had more time to do it. I'm still hoping after the election maybe a few of the gun bills can make it through. If not, I hope it's a priority to reintroduce them in January.

Deanimator

True, but that doesn't mean we can't leave them a couple of choice words on their facebook pages.
Oh, I couldn't agree more... if you're inclined to even bother with Facebook (I'm NOT).

There's no cheap amusement as good as mocking an imbecile, especially in such a way that he doesn't KNOW he's being mocked.