• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two people shot dead in local Kroger

gutshot II

A man walked into a Kroger in J-town and shot a stranger in the back of the head, then shot him multiple times while he lay dying. He then went to the parking lot and shot a woman multiple times. The shooter was white and both victims were black. While in the parking lot, the shooter exchanged gunfire with a third person. During that exchange, the shooter said, "White people don't shoot white people" and fled in his car.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2018/10/24/louisville-kroger-shooting-string-public-gun-violence/1755706002/

The shooter was apprehended shortly after the shooting. He has a long history of mental illness, domestic violence and years of court orders forbiding him possession of firearms. Mayor Fischer said that we need more gun laws to stop this kind of violence. He did not say what kind of law he thought might be effective in these cases.

solus

A man walked into a Kroger in J-town and shot a stranger in the back of the head, then shot him multiple times while he lay dying. He then went to the parking lot and shot a woman multiple times. The shooter was white and both victims were black. While in the parking lot, the shooter exchanged gunfire with a third person. During that exchange, the shooter said, "White people don't shoot white people" and fled in his car.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ooting-string-public-gun-violence/1755706002/

The shooter was apprehended shortly after the shooting. He has a long history of mental illness, domestic violence and years of court orders forbiding him possession of firearms. Mayor Fischer said that we need more gun laws to stop this kind of violence. He did not say what kind of law he thought might be effective in these cases.

Considered & being investigated at this point as a hate crime.

The political rhetoric is just that...rhetoric and much to do about nothing especially for the incumbent seeking re-election shortly.

gutshot II

I recognize the sarcasm in your post but I don't see or understand why you would think that it might be appropriate to post it at all. What kind of image does such a post portray of you, this forum and its members? Two innocent people have been murdered for no reason. These people have family and friends. For you to think that event is worthy of such callousness and disregard says a lot about you and by extension, all of us. It isn't pretty. What were you thinking? Did/do you think this event humourous? I suggest that you remove this post as quickly as possible. It does nothing to enhance your image or that of the owners and members of this forum. You have displayed the very callousnes that our enemies accuse us of exibiting and until now, I assumed did not exist. This posts forces me to consider the possibity that they are right.I have purposely not quoted your offending post so it will not be immorialized here. Once you delete it, it will be gone from the record, but unfortunately not our collective memories. This is a sad, sad episode in the history of OCDO and should earn the author a huge, permanent punishment.

Last edited:

solus

I recognize the sarcasm in your post but I don't see or understand why you would think that it might be appropriate to post it at all. What kind of image does such a post portray of you, this forum and its members? Two innocent people have been murdered for no reason. These people have family and friends. For you to think that event is worthy of such callousness and disregard says a lot about you and by extension, all of us. It isn't pretty. What were you thinking? Did/do you think this event humourous? I suggest that you remove this post as quickly as possible. It does nothing to enhance your image or that of the owners and members of this forum. You have displayed the very callousnes (sic) that our enemies accuse us of exibiting and until now, I assumed did not exist. This posts forces me to consider the possibity that they are right.I have purposely not quoted your offending post so it will not be immorialized here. Once you delete it, it will be gone from the record, but unfortunately not our collective memories. This is a sad, sad episode in the history of OCDO and should earn the author a huge, permanent punishment.

I’m sorry gutshot, I’m confused, why you are shocked about a member’s sarcastic commentary as well as you espousing your perception it violated the forum’s standards, causing a sad, sad, (eh, one more for emphasis) sad OCDO episode and earning them a HUGE permanent punishment - such as?

As for your perception it displayed Callousness, no that is shown by no member mentioning on this forum the 485 homicides this year to date in chicago; or the 260 in baltimore; or the 598 in LA; or the 24 in seattle; or other locales across this nation. If you take the CDC’s flawed stats, 35k/annually. [am impressed with Seattle’s low rate]

Or the callousness in the forum members failure to acknowledge this country’s 32K annual loss of life due to automobile accidents, 2/3 caused by drivers use of substances and excessive speed!

ps: ok, ok, as punishment FI for your callous deed you have to come to NC & spend the weekend with me!
[please bring handguns & ammo for the punishing & excruciating range activites that will be planned during your punishment period, er visit!]:shocker:

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I don't believe in hate crime enhancers.

It is obvious if he shot them he didn't like all that much.

But then I had several murderers tell me the reason they killed their partners was they loved them to much.

But I would tend to believe this was not one of those cases.

KBCraig

I don't believe in hate crime enhancers.

The national cry for "hate crimes legislation" was spurred by the horrific lynching/dragging death of James Byrd in Texas. There were three perpetrators. Two were sentenced to death, and one to life in prison.

How exactly could those sentences be "enhanced"?

Still, Texas was excoriated for its lack of a "hate crime law".

Firearms Iinstuctor

The national cry for "hate crimes legislation" was spurred by the horrific lynching/dragging death of James Byrd in Texas. There were three perpetrators. Two were sentenced to death, and one to life in prison.

How exactly could those sentences be "enhanced"?

Still, Texas was excoriated for its lack of a "hate crime law".

Exactly

OC for ME

I recognize the sarcasm in your post but I don't see or understand why you would think that it might be appropriate to post it at all. ...
Appeal to emotion noted. Your reply, absent the perceived offending post, effectively guaranteed that the post that offends you will remain...posted. There is a option, or two, for those who are offended by OCDO members posts.

OC for ME

How?

Actually an appeal to decency
Your impassioned plea to have the owners of OCDO invoke a permanent punishment for a member's sarcasm is troubling and reminiscent of the tactics that the anti-gun crowd use to demonize law abiding gun owners.
gutshot II - 10-27-2018, 05:25 AM
I recognize the sarcasm in your post but I don't see or understand why you would think that it might be appropriate to post it at all. What kind of image does such a post portray of you, this forum and its members? Two innocent people have been murdered for no reason. These people have family and friends. For you to think that event is worthy of such callousness and disregard says a lot about you and by extension, all of us. It isn't pretty. What were you thinking? Did/do you think this event humourous?[sic] I suggest that you remove this post as quickly as possible. It does nothing to enhance your image or that of the owners and members of this forum. You have displayed the very callousnes[sic] that our enemies accuse us of exibiting[sic] and until now, I assumed did not exist. This posts forces me to consider the possibity[sic] that they are right.I have purposely not quoted your offending post so it will not be immorialized[sic] here. Once you delete it, it will be gone from the record, but unfortunately not our collective memories. This is a sad, sad episode in the history of OCDO and should earn the author a huge, permanent punishment.
One of the options available to you would have been to report the post to OCDO ownership and then PM the member who offended you. The other is to place that member on your ignore list. Or both options.

gutshot II

Your impassioned plea to have the owners of OCDO invoke a permanent punishment for a member's sarcasm is troubling and reminiscent of the tactics that the anti-gun crowd use to demonize law abiding gun owners.
One of the options available to you would have been to report the post to OCDO ownership and then PM the member who offended you. The other is to place that member on your ignore list. Or both options.
[/INDENT]

Or a third option is posting it in the open, instead of hiding my actions, which is the option I chose. I now have to contend with the OCDO censorship brigade. You say and do as you wish and I will do the same. How much is he paying you to be his defense lawyer? Is he unable to defend himself? Does he just wish it would go away without anymore discussion? Do you speak for him?

Are you his Daddy?

solus

Or a third option is posting it in the open, instead of hiding my actions, which is the option I chose. I now have to contend with the OCDO censorship brigade. You say and do as you wish and I will do the same. How much is he paying you to be his defense lawyer? Is he unable to defend himself? Does he just wish it would go away without anymore discussion? Do you speak for him?

Are you his Daddy?

Truly, what a dissapointment to see this type of tirade from the mature and illustrious Kentucky member whose advocacy accomplisments are talked about out here as well as by those in the KY grassroots organization he belongs to.

As for going away...tis yet to be decided now isn’t it?

In my opinion, I feel asking about or inquiring about a stranger’s lineage or heritage might be pushing the boundries of proper etiquette from a gentleman!