• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unintended consequence?

solus

Not sure you can tar all carriers with the same brush as a small handful of vocal CC'ers upset they can no longer carry into their favorite <insert establishment name here>. I seem to recall reading the Oklahoma thread once OC passed there and seeing a few places posting no-carry signs which later came down after complaints. That small handful of CC'ers would be better spending their time complaining to the establishment(s) in question than blaming other gun owners. Also, if you look at the threads on there, it really is a small handful. They are probably pro-establishment Jeb Bush supporters that watch too much Faux News and, thus, believe all their precious rights are granted by the govt.

sure i can, the same mentality exists in our GRNC whose president on this very forum ranted and raved "HIS" organization quote: GRNC is promoting the image of North Carolina concealed handgun permit-holders -- certified sane, sober and law abiding unquote

specific point, while the NC restaurant association was pushing hard for the legislature to mandate no firearms in eating establishments...GRNC was proudly pushing exceptionally HARD for an automatic weapon something or other provision...

so be careful of the naive perception of "the small handful" distractors...especially remember if the news media reps go to find someone to interview on Texas firearm carry, they are going to find a CCer...you can be certain, like in NC, it will be an individual like the President of GRNC who in our case is not bashful to state his unabashed & strident disdain for those who OC.

ipse

ipse

solus

Yes, and the forum itself is evidently HEAVILY moderated.

Here is a post I made (it was the fourth post down) to the following thread: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtop...1545&start=135

I partially quoted one of the moderators/site owners, Charles Cotton, as follows "...I truly wish that open-carry supporters would admit that they were wrong and that there is a problem. However, I won't hold my breath. If I cannot carry my self-defense handgun into a store because they put up 30.06 and 30.07 signs, then someone's ability to show their handgun to everyone will have cost me the ability to defend myself. To me, that's a net loss for almost 1 million LTCs."

Then I replied:

Because of your biases, why expect open-carry supporters to admit to something that isn't true? A mere few days into a new era in TX and you're complaining bitterly that "The sky is falling/has fallen!"?

Unfortunately, in TX, just like FL, there is no RIGHT to carry under current law, yet the gaining of yet another privilege provokes heated commentary!

It's all about EDUCATION. Just like when concealed carry laws passed elsewhere, a number of places reflexively posted "No Guns" signage. Over time, the lies of the anti-gunners became more and more clear to members of the public and the legislature. So it will be in Texas - if you and others can get past your doomsday outlook and instead choose to be a part of efforts to regain recognition of the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Not all open carriers are wonderful ambassadors, for gun owners or for other open carriers - but then again, not all concealed carriers fit that bill either. Exposure and conversation will inform and change the minds of people over time. Staying in your comfort zone and insisting others do the same will change nothing.

FYI - an anti-gun "news" organization posted an article about this forum's machinations: http://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/open-ca ... chl-forum/

nice job BB, now if we can coax john or mike to ping 'The Trace' with a counter news blimp the status quo will once again be balanced.

hint grape hint john hint mike

ipse

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Where is NRA leadership to spank Charles Cotton, so much for their claim of support for OC. It appears that they talk out of both sides of their mouth. They should not allow someone with such hatred for what they claim they support to stay on the board.

qednick

Yes, and the forum itself is evidently HEAVILY moderated.

Here is a post I made (it was the fourth post down) to the following thread: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtop...1545&start=135

I partially quoted one of the moderators/site owners, Charles Cotton, as follows "...I truly wish that open-carry supporters would admit that they were wrong and that there is a problem. However, I won't hold my breath. If I cannot carry my self-defense handgun into a store because they put up 30.06 and 30.07 signs, then someone's ability to show their handgun to everyone will have cost me the ability to defend myself. To me, that's a net loss for almost 1 million LTCs."

Then I replied:

Because of your biases, why expect open-carry supporters to admit to something that isn't true? A mere few days into a new era in TX and you're complaining bitterly that "The sky is falling/has fallen!"?

Unfortunately, in TX, just like FL, there is no RIGHT to carry under current law, yet the gaining of yet another privilege provokes heated commentary!

It's all about EDUCATION. Just like when concealed carry laws passed elsewhere, a number of places reflexively posted "No Guns" signage. Over time, the lies of the anti-gunners became more and more clear to members of the public and the legislature. So it will be in Texas - if you and others can get past your doomsday outlook and instead choose to be a part of efforts to regain recognition of the RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Not all open carriers are wonderful ambassadors, for gun owners or for other open carriers - but then again, not all concealed carriers fit that bill either. Exposure and conversation will inform and change the minds of people over time. Staying in your comfort zone and insisting others do the same will change nothing.

FYI - an anti-gun "news" organization posted an article about this forum's machinations: http://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/open-ca ... chl-forum/

BB62 I appreciate you making that post! As a non-member I cannot post and I'm not suddenly going to join (or even hold my nose and join) what is obviously an elitist outfit just to try and set straight a few cry babies that got their knickers in a twist. Don't get me wrong, I fully agree that not all OC'ers are fantastic ambassadors (which seems to be the main gripe over there), but the blatant and constant character assassination is beyond ridiculous and at 2nd grade level. Heck, there's even a thread about whether CJ Grisham holds a valid CHL.

Do they not realize that there are anti-gun politicians and outfits going around actively handing these signs to any business that will take them. The exact same thing would've happened if OC hadn't passed but there was some kind of expansion of the ability to CC.

qednick

sure i can, the same mentality exists in our GRNC whose president on this very forum ranted and raved "HIS" organization quote: GRNC is promoting the image of North Carolina concealed handgun permit-holders -- certified sane, sober and law abiding unquote

specific point, while the NC restaurant association was pushing hard for the legislature to mandate no firearms in eating establishments...GRNC was proudly pushing exceptionally HARD for an automatic weapon something or other provision...

so be careful of the naive perception of "the small handful" distractors...especially remember if the news media reps go to find someone to interview on Texas firearm carry, they are going to find a CCer...you can be certain, like in NC, it will be an individual like the President of GRNC who in our case is not bashful to state his unabashed & strident disdain for those who OC.

ipse

ipse

No you can't. Not unless you're going to tar me and the other TX-based members of this forum who hold CHL/LTC's. The difference between us and them is that we don't wear diapers and live in a closet.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
BB62 I appreciate you making that post! As a non-member I cannot post and I'm not suddenly going to join (or even hold my nose and join) what is obviously an elitist outfit just to try and set straight a few cry babies that got their knickers in a twist. Don't get me wrong, I fully agree that not all OC'ers are fantastic ambassadors (which seems to be the main gripe over there), but the blatant and constant character assassination is beyond ridiculous and at 2nd grade level. Heck, there's even a thread about whether CJ Grisham holds a valid CHL.

Do they not realize that there are anti-gun politicians and outfits going around actively handing these signs to any business that will take them. The exact same thing would've happened if OC hadn't passed but there was some kind of expansion of the ability to CC.
No problem! :cool:

A moderator removed my post, and when I responded to another member and mentioned the fact that my post had been "disappeared" the mod posted the following:

"I moved your post to the moderator forum for violating rules by not just attacking members, but attacking the very owner of this board.

One more attack post and I will be moving you completely off the forum."

I then posted this: "Please PM me and be specific about what part of my post was an attack, and I will repost it without those elements."

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will continue to raise the question.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Cotton doesn't cotton to criticism. It is a defining characteristic of his websites. (I think he also runs Texas3006.com which tracks and publishes posted locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc.cruiser

unfortunately, they won't go quietly into the night. further they are right in their comments...the lid of pandora's box is open...and now all you nice folks have to play nice in the sandbox 'together'!!

i was going to raise the subject of crossfeed but we have the same mentality with our NC gun owner's forum (populated mainly by folk in western NC) who believe OC's are the scum of the earth per se. when you bring up OC'g on their form it is brutal. there used to be cross feed when some members from NCGO were member of OCDO but for the most part no longer say hello out here.

ipse

If you are naming the forum known as NCGO, I'm throwing the BS flag on you. There are individual preferences, and meaningless discussion of, to the mode of carry, but certainly not of the level which you claim. I would also like to see your stats on membership locales. That would be a "cite" of your claim.

To the original posting: Charles Cotton will certainly never get my vote if he is again up for election to the NRA board. The attitude in the article is that the CCers were happy to ask permission to exercise a right which must not be known to the public, and don't want that apple cart upset.

qednick

No problem! :cool:

A moderator removed my post, and when I responded to another member and mentioned the fact that my post had been "disappeared" the mod posted the following:

"I moved your post to the moderator forum for violating rules by not just attacking members, but attacking the very owner of this board.

One more attack post and I will be moving you completely off the forum."

I then posted this: "Please PM me and be specific about what part of my post was an attack, and I will repost it without those elements."

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will continue to raise the question.

Establishment hacks don't like to be questioned. I loved your response. Really appreciate you fighting the good fight over there!!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Cotton doesn't cotton to criticism. It is a defining characteristic of his websites. (I think he also runs Texas3006.com which tracks and publishes posted locations.
Evidently so!

After waiting a bit and getting no response from the moderator (carlson1) who said that I had "attacked" people, I PMed him with a copy of my original post and asked privately what I had asked publicly: "Please PM me and be specific about what part of my post was an attack, and I will repost it without those elements."

A few minutes ago I tried to log onto the TexasCHL forum again and was greeted with the following message:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username.

They've got some serious issues over there! :banghead:

I've written to the Board Admin and we'll see what (if any) response I get back.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81545&start=135

Last edited:

qednick

Evidently so!

After waiting a bit and getting no response from the moderator (carlson1) who said that I had "attacked" people, I PMed him with a copy of my original post and asked privately what I had asked publicly: "Please PM me and be specific about what part of my post was an attack, and I will repost it without those elements."

A few minutes ago I tried to log onto the TexasCHL forum again and was greeted with the following message:

I've written to the Board Admin and we'll see what (if any) response I get back.

Like I said...second graders in diapers hiding in the closet.

solus

Evidently so!

nice touch...p!$$ em off to the point they threw your arse off permanently...all in the space of a few hours...kudos BB

you should get a gold star on this forum for your meritorious accomplishment.

ipse

added: i got thrown off a 'quality process' forum when i discussed the forum owner's heritage and others joined in and i immediately got the ax for initiating the riot...eh

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Evidently so!

I had same thing happen last year on one Glock forum, and Glock Talk threatened me with banning. I self banned myself, these people seriously HATE OC. There is nothing I can say that change, or mitigate that much hate.

qednick

This consolation prize is on its way to you BB62

attachment.php

Attachments

• PLAIN_BLK.jpg
    PLAIN_BLK.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 109

stealthyeliminator

Last edited:

nonameisgood

People believe what they hear. The truth doesn't matter if they don't hear it, can't understand it, or don't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solus

well, lets see stealthy, you have been provided three DIFFERENT state GRoot entities who are apparently, by their displayed behaviours, aggressively against those who OC. including one which banned, sorry permanently BANNED, an august member of this site for questioning their comments. in NC, this aggressive behaviour in the legislature against NC OCers for several years, texas' behaviour against OC is just manifesting itself sooooooo

in the gentlest way i can say this....try not to let the sand clog your nasal cavities while stating: "WHAT PROBLEM?"

ipse