• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US Bank Corporate Policy

OldCurlyWolf

re: the Chase in Milwaukee
The security gal approached some of us that morning to say we couldn't be on their property... especially standing in front of their sign (which some of us did to hide from the very cold wind that day).
There were no markings on the sidewalk to show what she considered Chase property, so I wasn't too attentive to her claims or wishes.

I opened a WF account while OCing, not a blink from anyone there as far as I could tell.
And I've been back a couple times, also with no problem.
Will have to check into the alleged drug connection.

Likely their sign is either on their property or on property controlled by them, i.e. a lease or easement. Under those circumstances she was within the law if she was so instructed by management.

:rolleyes:

Nevada carrier

There is something to be said for taking your business away from the major national banks and using the services of your local community banks. In a community bank, I've been greeted by my first name when I enter, but at the national banks, your just account number blah blah blah.

In a community bank, I was offered free stuff just because they looked at my file and saw no overdrafts and a good average daily balance. But at the National banks, they do shady things like hold onto debits for a week or more only to apply the debit exactly when it would cause an overdraft, only to have to argue to get the fee reversed.

Keep your business in the community, leave the corporate giants out of it.

trooper46

Chase follows state law

Response from Chase in another post.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88019-OC-Castle-Rock-Chase-Bank

ear Tom,

Thank you for contacting the Internet Service Center.

I understand your concern regarding the firearm policy.
In response to your inquiry, Chase does not have a
corporate policy concerning the carrying of firearms in
our Branches, but rather defers to state law on this
issue. Therefore, if it is legal to carry a firearm or
concealed weapon in Colorado, Chase Branches will treat a
customer legally entering the branch with a properly
holstered firearm as "business as usual" as long as there
is no threat to other customers or employees (obviously
someone entering a branch with a drawn weapon/waving a gun
about would warrant approach/a call to authorities).

However, we recommend reviewing the state policy to ensure
that banks are not considered "no-carry" zones; certain
states have designated certain areas (such as schools)
zones where only law enforcement officers may carry a
weapon.

Chase strives to provide excellent service to all of our
customers. It has been our pleasure to be of service to
you.

Chase By Phone representatives are available to assist you
by calling 1-800-935-9935.

Thank you,

Mel Rupinski
Internet Service Center

Next time someone tries to kick you out of Chase for legally OCing. Call corporate and have them "corrected".

ecocks

Not all of the US Banks are like the one you have used. I use them here in ky 1 or 2 the girls I have used there ask me about OC and CC so im thinking its just the one you have used

While it's possible that they are organized at state or regional level holding companies, I was assured that this was their corporate policy, NOT the policy of the individual location nor the local manager's discretionary call. They were chagrined that I didn't care to talk with their Director of Security at their headquarters.

More to the point was their insistence when I came in to close the account that this was the policy of "all major banks" and I would encounter the same thing everywhere I took my business.

Last edited:

ecocks

Wells Fargo subsequently called me to confirm it is their policy to comply with state law while allowing the managers the discretion to trespass any individual who they feel endangers their personnel, customers or property.

OldCurlyWolf

While it's possible that they are organized at state or regional level holding companies, I was assured that this was their corporate policy, NOT the policy of the individual location nor the local manager's discretionary call. They were chagrined that I didn't care to talk with their Director of Security at their headquarters.

More to the point was their insistence when I came in to close the account that this was the policy of "all major banks" and I would encounter the same thing everywhere I took my business.

Did you tell them that that statement alone was enough to convince you to move your account as you do not appreciate doing business with liars?:cuss:

Zhukov

Endanger being the key word. If you're open carrying without a thought to it, it's no big deal.

If you're fiddling with your firearm in the holster on the other hand, I expect them to ask you to leave.

Hell, I'd ask someone to leave if they couldn't leave it alone.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Response from Chase in another post.

Chase does not have a
corporate policy concerning the carrying of firearms in
our Branches, but rather defers to state law on this
issue. Therefore, if it is legal to carry a firearm or
concealed weapon in Colorado, Chase Branches will treat a
customer legally entering the branch with a properly
holstered firearm as "business as usual" as long as there
is no threat to other customers or employees (obviously
someone entering a branch with a drawn weapon/waving a gun
about would warrant approach/a call to authorities).

There you have it. Apparently, the branch manager was acting on his/her own accord, and not as per corporate policy.

Next time someone tries to kick you out of Chase for legally OCing. Call corporate and have them "corrected".

+1. My local Goodwill just posted a "No visibly displayed firearms" sign. I've been OCing there approximately 3x/month without incident for 15 months, and now this. I penned a long letter to Goodwill Industries corporate while enjoying lunch at IHOP. I'll post more about it tomorrow, including pictures, in another thread.

celticredneck

I just opened a new account at The Bank of McKinney (one of the few local banks left) and I asked the manager about open carry and she said, We don't like it, but it is not against the law or our rules, so you may carry here. I will probably move the rest of my accounts there from Wachovia in the near future, although the Wachovia branch in Amelia Courthouse (the town, not the actual courthouse), is not posted as a gun free zone.

Cougar125

Before being stationed in CA, I was stationed in WA. I banked at US Bank. Never had a problem with them. I even asked the question about their policy while carrying. The manager informed me it was to follow state policy. I would call the district/regional US Bank office and ask for a printed copy of the policy.

I had to do this at Wal-Mart in WA and discovered Wal-Mart is to follow state laws.

ecocks

As I said, they may be organized at state and regional levels so I phoned it in to Minneapolis general customer service line. They promised to send it to the District level as a customer complaint. The person on the phone agreed that the behavior while I was closing the account seemed petty and personal rather than professional.

riverrat10k

Take your money out of the large, interstate banks. Starve the beast. These are the people whose greed has ruined our economy.

Hate to admit it, but I agree with eye and others. Use a credit union if you can, or a well run community bank.

Huck

Wells Fargo? I had a direct deposit checking account with them in the '80s for 5 months and it was a nightmare! They were bouncing checks when there was more than enough cash to cover them, they took as long as a week to credit my direct deposit paycheck to my account, and had the gall to claim that it was MY mismanagement and not theirs! I got a account at First Interstate and never had a problem at all. I'll NEVER bank with Wells Fargo ever again.

After that I think I know why Charles Bolton, AkA Black Bart, and Butch Cassidy targeted Wells Fargo. They'd probably had a checking account with WF!