• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US Bank Corporate Policy

ecocks

US Bank lost my business and personal accounts today.

Seems they have a corporate policy against guns on their property unless carried by LEO's, their security people or armored car/security personnel. I was advised of this by the Branch Manager in a phone call a few moments ago. When I indicated I understood and would move my account to Wells-Fargo in the next day or so, he hastened to inform me that "all I had to do" was leave my gun in my car. The incongruity of the parking lot also being their property seemed to be lost on him.

They also offered that they could have their Chief of Security call me and explain their policy. I also declined this action explaining that I understood their rights and mine perfectly well.

So, I'll be moving Wild Bill's account to Wells-Fargo Bank first thing tomorrow morning. It's a bit further down the street but I have never had any foolishness from them on this issue.

I earnestly advise those who believe in the 2nd Amendment to vote with their dollars and avoid doing business with those companies and institutions who have policies which infringe our rights. While they are entitled to their rights as property owners and business people, I simply refuse to do business under these conditions unless no other option exists for the goods or services offered. Be sure to let them know that this action has cost them your business when you do so.

Last edited:

Zhukov

I open carry at the Broadway Wells Fargo branch next to Albertsons.

Never had any problems from the staff. I also believe Wells Fargo's corporate policy is "whatever is legal in the state."

Wells Fargo has been my bank since I first opened an account back in 2001 and honestly, I've never had any major issues from them about anything.

Once and a while I get a look from some staff, but those are folks I think are new.

The teller I've dealt with most, Rahmeen, was very friendly about it and chatted me up about the firearms. Nice guy.

ecocks

Yeah, I have been a WF customer for 2 years and worn in their branch at Main and Cherry/Fairview (Meridian) frequently without any issues.

ecocks

When I closed my account at US Bank this morning they insisted that all major banks will prohibit customers from carrying guns on their premises. I replied that I had just come from Wells Fargo wearing the same sidearm and had been going there for over 2 years while carrying.

I really preferred the convenience of US Bank and their Sunday hours at two Albertson's locations within 1 mile of my restaurant but the fact is they notified me that I was not welcome at their properties while going about my normal, daily business. No different than if they adopted a rule that customers cannot have a red Chevy truck in my opinion, either rule loses them my business.

My father will keep his personal accounts at the US Bank down the street from our house since he is unable to drive but can get there on his mobility scooter 7 days a week for banking purposes.

My feeling is that some banks give their managers discretion to trespass people within the boundaries established by state/local laws and the manager's perception of the individual's stability and demeanor.

I'd hate to switch banks again but will if I have to, what a pain.

ecocks

US Bank lost my business and personal accounts yesterday.

Seems they have a corporate policy against guns on their property unless carried by LEO's, their security people or armored car/security personnel. I was advised of this by the Branch Manager in a phone call a few moments ago. When I indicated I understood and would move my account to Wells-Fargo in the next day or so, he hastened to inform me that "all I had to do" was leave my gun in my car. The incongruity of the parking lot also being their property seemed to be lost on him.

They also offered that they could have their Chief of Security call me and explain their policy. I also declined this action explaining that I understood their rights and mine perfectly well.

So, I'll be moving Wild Bill's Barbeque (my restaurant) account to Wells-Fargo Bank first thing tomorrow morning. It's a bit further down the street but I have never had any foolishness from them on this issue despite carrying in multiple branches around our area over the last 2 years.

I earnestly advise those who believe in the 2nd Amendment to vote with their dollars and avoid doing business with those companies and institutions who have policies which infringe our rights. While they are entitled to their rights as property owners and business people, I simply refuse to do business under these conditions unless no other option exists for the goods or services offered. Be sure to let them know that this action has cost them your business when you do so.

I closed my account today. While doing so, the Assistant Manager for the branch came over to tell me that all the major banks have the same policy and the same thing would happen wherever I went. I replied that I had been carrying at WF for over two years without problems and doubted that he was correct since I just came from there and had explained the problem which caused me to leave USB. I also informed him that I didn't appreciate the inconvenience or expense they put me through by forcing me to change my banking relationship due to their policies. I had just ordered new checks (while wearing a S&W M&P .40 on my belt) while standing in their lobby the previous week.

Last edited:

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
BofA's policy is to obey local/state laws, but the branch manager has the last say on who can enter. I had an issue with them and ended up leaving them over it.

Dreamer

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

US Bank lost my business and personal accounts yesterday.

So, I'll be moving Wild Bill's Barbeque (my restaurant) account to Wells-Fargo Bank first thing tomorrow morning. It's a bit further down the street but I have never had any foolishness from them on this issue despite carrying in multiple branches around our area over the last 2 years.

I closed my account today. While doing so, the Assistant Manager for the branch came over to tell me that all the major banks have the same policy and the same thing would happen wherever I went. I replied that I had been carrying at WF for over two years without problems and doubted that he was correct since I just came from there and had explained the problem which caused me to leave USB. I also informed him that I didn't appreciate the inconvenience or expense they put me through by forcing me to change my banking relationship due to their policies. I had just ordered new checks (while wearing a S&W M&P .40 on my belt) while standing in their lobby the previous week.

I did much the same thing with my former bank on Tuesday. The bank I now use does not have the same policy. If they change I will find a different one.

rentamedic

Not all of the US Banks are like the one you have used. I use them here in ky 1 or 2 the girls I have used there ask me about OC and CC so im thinking its just the one you have used

Last edited:

XDFDE45

I would also reccomend Chase. Their policy is to follow state law as far as I know
Double check with the manager on this. Some of us met in downtown Milwaukee to support the roaming "Guns Save Lives" billboard that was countering Bloomberg and his outright lie of a "34 lives are taken a day be guns" billboard. It was on the corner where there was a Chase Bank and I swear the lady in charge of security looked like she was about to have a cow :shocker:. I noticed her talking to what looked like a manager about us being outside the building. Nothing happened but man did she watch us like a hawk.

http://www.forum.opencarry.org/foru...kee-Thur.&highlight=Guns+Save+Lives+Billboard

eye95

Check out your local credit union. They are more in touch with the membership than banks are with their customers. That does not guarantee that they will respect your rights, but it sure makes it more likely that they will.

MKEgal

re: the Chase in Milwaukee
The security gal approached some of us that morning to say we couldn't be on their property... especially standing in front of their sign (which some of us did to hide from the very cold wind that day).
There were no markings on the sidewalk to show what she considered Chase property, so I wasn't too attentive to her claims or wishes.

I opened a WF account while OCing, not a blink from anyone there as far as I could tell.
And I've been back a couple times, also with no problem.
Will have to check into the alleged drug connection.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Chase & US Bank WILL NOT open accounts that deal with guns. I have posted in many other threads with the info.

Key Bank & Bank of America are gun friendly

hermannr

Be sure you explain to US Bank why you are moving your accounts to Wells Fargo. If enough people make the statement and move their accounts, it may just change company policy. If you do not make the staement, they will never know why you left.

I also have never had a problem with Wells Fargo either., Been with them ever since they bought out our small local bank many years ago.