• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Usurper in Chief at it Again

HandyHamlet

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/15/obamas-fast-and-furious-spin/

MILLER: Obama’s fast and furious spin
Sneaky White House budget provisions undermine the Second Amendment

President Obama is using his budget to advance an anti-gun agenda just before the election. One particularly sneaky provision buried deep within his submission to Congress Monday would, if enacted, allow the mistakes of the “Fast and Furious” gun-walking scandal to be repeated.

In November, the president signed the Justice Department appropriations bill, which included language from Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican, prohibiting federal agencies from facilitating the transfer of an operable firearm to an individual known or suspected to be in a drug cartel, unless they monitor the weapon at all times.

Now Mr. Obama is proposing to remove that provision from the 2013 spending bill, thus making it legal to revive gun-walking operations in the future. The White House justification is merely that the prohibition is “not necessary.”

It is glaringly obvious that the White House can't get a lick of sleep. Not unless it is bathed in blood with bits of shredded Constitution tossed about like confetti.
(IMHO Big Sis)

Last edited:

.40S&W

I think I'm just going to start referring to the White House as the Kremlin.

TFred

This article is well worth the read and reposting, retweeting, etc.

Several other equally disturbing provisions quoted below, including the destruction of brass, a major source of reloads for law-abiding citizens. Remember the fury this caused a few months back?

TFred

Mr. Obama’s budget contains other gun-grabbing surprises. The White House is looking to reclaim authority to destroy surplus M1 Garand rifles and M1 Carbines. For 30 years, the Defense Department has been blocked from scrapping these collectible firearms that served our soldiers well in World War II and the Korean War. The administration also wants to melt down the military’s spent brass casings, thwarting gun owners who have been buying and recycling the surplus materials.

The president’s budget would also restore millions in funding to the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control so they can pump out junk science studies claiming handguns are a public health hazard.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
"...prohibiting federal agencies from facilitating the transfer of an operable firearm to an individual known or suspected to be in a drug cartel, unless they monitor the weapon at all times."

I actually have a problem with this. My problem is that breaking the law is still breaking the law. It's not legal for law-enforcement agencies to break the law to enforce the law. Transferring a firearm to a person known to be a "prohibited person" is a crime and anyone who does it is a criminal. Period. The above quote should have stopped after the word "cartel."

JoeSparky

Centurion
"...prohibiting federal agencies from facilitating the transfer of an operable firearm to an individual known or suspected to be in a drug cartel, unless they monitor the weapon at all times."

I actually have a problem with this. My problem is that breaking the law is still breaking the law. It's not legal for law-enforcement agencies to break the law to enforce the law. Transferring a firearm to a person known to be a "prohibited person" is a crime and anyone who does it is a criminal. Period. The above quote should have stopped after the word "cartel."

Actually, my issue on your quote is this... INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW!!!!!!!!!!!
If they are believed to have committed a crime then arrest and prosecute them in court. Convince their jury that they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, penalize them with jail/prison time....

DO NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHT OF US RESIDENTS/CITIZENS TO KEEP AND POSSESS ARMS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!

Last edited:

smokeyburnout

I mean really couldn't some of these "stings" be considered entrapment? Im sure the LEO's never try to push people into buying these firearms that they otherwise wouldn't.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I mean really couldn't some of these "stings" be considered entrapment? Im sure the LEO's never try to push people into buying these firearms that they otherwise wouldn't.

As I understand it, they're all entrapment. It is my understanding the courts have created the arbitrary and fictitious distinction that it doesn't count as entrapment if the person has an inclination to do it. Or, conversely, it only counts as entrapment if he did not have an inclination to do it.

When they can't find any real criminals to justify their existence, they create criminals.

Its just another angle on Ayn Rand's concept in Atlas Shrugged that government doesn't want the laws obeyed. It wants the laws broken. Because there is no way to rule over innocent men.

sawah

As I understand it, they're all entrapment. It is my understanding the courts have created the arbitrary and fictitious distinction that it doesn't count as entrapment if the person has an inclination to do it. Or, conversely, it only counts as entrapment if he did not have an inclination to do it.

When they can't find any real criminals to justify their existence, they create criminals.

Its just another angle on Ayn Rand's concept in Atlas Shrugged that government doesn't want the laws obeyed. It wants the laws broken. Because there is no way to rule over innocent men

OMG. I totally believe this. It's a codicil of the 'absolute power corrupts' principle. It's the way HUMANs act (tribal and seizure of rights, using lawful means and slippery slope).

Cops know that if crime REALLY decreases and they are successful that it leads to them downsizing the police force. (I can't blame them TOO much, but it's WRONG).

Butch00

All these so called laws that you complain about, are not laws.
An unconstitutional law is not law and never will be.
As long as you are uneducated about the Constitution you will
continue to CONSENT to them.
Courts in this country are not constitutional courts, they are
International Contract Courts, how can you tell. Easy the
Admiralty Flag in the Courtroom.
The Constitution is written in the language of the Common Law.
You have to know how to Reserve Your Rights and force the Courts
to honor your Common Law Rights.

Mattox v U.S. 156 US 237, 243 (1895)
" We are bound to interpret the Constitution in the light of the Law
( as it existed at the time it was adopted )."

Beretta92FSLady

[snip]

It is glaringly obvious that the White House can't get a lick of sleep. Not unless it is bathed in blood with bits of shredded Constitution tossed about like confetti.
(IMHO Big Sis)

OMG, I am going to be reading threads like this for the next four years:p

"Unsurper" is just a flavor of this month. Whatever President Obama deems necessary to the safety of the U.S., he can do, Constitutionally.