• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UT permit class in Oregon, WI SAT 19APR14 starting at noon

jpm84092

Why Get A Utah Concealed Firearm Permit?

Dear Former Neighbors:

Here is the $60.00 question. Why invest the time and money ($60.00) to get a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit? There are several very good reasons to carefully consider:

1) MKEgal is a good instructor. Her instructor is the Yellow Cat and she learned how to do it right and how to teach it right the very first time.

2) Having more than one permit/license is cool. And, it gets you armed in many more states. See #3 (The Yellow Cat has five "permission slips".)

3) A Utah CFP adds WA, WY, TX, OH, WV and more importantly MN (next door to WI). MN recognizes UT non-resident permits.

4) You will learn about a bunch of cool Utah laws that you should lobby your Wisconsin State Legislature for. These are common sense laws like allowing teachers to be armed and carry concealed just like the UT teachers do here. Yellow Cat has trained nearly 300 UT teachers in classroom defense and personal defense.

5) MKEgal's fees are reasonable. "Back east", there are instructors who charge up to $500 per head for this training. The Yellow Cat is even more reasonable, but the Cat will not be back in WI until mid-summer when he will teach the UT class and if a range is available he will teach NRA classes and/or tactical classes - maybe even "golfing with Glocks" (a point shooting class with both front and rear sights covered in electrical tape).

For these and many other reasons, I ask my former neighbors to consider taking the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class; either in April with MKEgal or in mid-summer with the Yellow Cat. For those of you who are new to WI Carry, the Yellow Cat has been reviewed by countless of your neighbors. Search it.

Jim

www.yellowcatpersonaldefense.com

Franky

The yellow cat is quite boastful.

The yellow cat is hyping unrealistic not gonna happen laws for Wisconsin

The yellow cat is from other than Wisconsin.

The yellow cat is asking for consideration and I say nah. The big dog keeps his/her money staying put in Wisconsin.

The yellow cat is a few days late with his post. The 19th of April is a memory.

Last edited:

jpm84092

The Cat is a WI Native

Dear Mr. "Frankly":

In response to your comments you may wish to learn that he Yellow Cat was born in Milwaukee and spent 40+ years in WI growing up, attending St. Patrick School in Janesville, Janesville Craig High School, and working in Janesville, Beloit, Afton, Pewaukee, Mukwonago, and other WI cities, and as few as 5 years ago he was living in the Lauderdale Lakes area north of Elkhorn. He attended the University of Wisconsin-Rock County and graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. He still owns a house in WI and pays WI property and income tax in Wisconsin. Thus, it is untrue that the Yellow Cat is "from other than Wisconsin". He has attended many open carry events in WI including the monthly ones at the Starbucks in Delavan which usually includes a stop at Brody's Beef and to the Piggly Wiggly (formerly Franks) to get some Franks Summer Sausage (can't get that here) and pickled sausages at Woodman's in Janesville. Another typical stop is at the Cheese House in Janesville to stock up. The Yellow Cat has family in and near Janesville, Hartland, Middleton, and Madison and returns at least once per year to offer firearms instruction and visit family and friends.

The Yellow Cat is not boastful, but is simply being truthful. There are many on this forum that will attest to that. I will not debate this with specifics as that would indeed be boastful.

Five years ago, the Wisconsin Concealed Weapon License was a pipe dream that few of my neighbors in WI thought would ever come true. Many things can happen when "we the people" get vocal with legislators. Thus, it is not "unrealistic" to keep up the pressure on the WI Legislature to become even yet more 2A friendly.

OK - you have me on the date thing, but my argument stands on its own merits.

My friend, you may be well advised to check your facts before becoming a Keyboard Kommando. In my post I advised anyone skeptical to "search it". You would have found that I have been an instructor to many of this forums prominent personalities.

Jim

Franky

Dear Mr. "Frankly":

In response to your comments you may wish to learn that he Yellow Cat was born in Milwaukee and spent 40+ years in WI growing up, attending St. Patrick School in Janesville, Janesville Craig High School, and working in Janesville, Beloit, Afton, Pewaukee, Mukwonago, and other WI cities, and as few as 5 years ago he was living in the Lauderdale Lakes area north of Elkhorn. He attended the University of Wisconsin-Rock County and graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. He still owns a house in WI and pays WI property and income tax in Wisconsin. Thus, it is untrue that the Yellow Cat is "from other than Wisconsin". He has attended many open carry events in WI including the monthly ones at the Starbucks in Delavan which usually includes a stop at Brody's Beef and to the Piggly Wiggly (formerly Franks) to get some Franks Summer Sausage (can't get that here) and pickled sausages at Woodman's in Janesville. Another typical stop is at the Cheese House in Janesville to stock up. The Yellow Cat has family in and near Janesville, Hartland, Middleton, and Madison and returns at least once per year to offer firearms instruction and visit family and friends.

The Yellow Cat is not boastful, but is simply being truthful. There are many on this forum that will attest to that. I will not debate this with specifics as that would indeed be boastful.

Five years ago, the Wisconsin Concealed Weapon License was a pipe dream that few of my neighbors in WI thought would ever come true. Many things can happen when "we the people" get vocal with legislators. Thus, it is not "unrealistic" to keep up the pressure on the WI Legislature to become even yet more 2A friendly.

OK - you have me on the date thing, but my argument stands on its own merits.

My friend, you may be well advised to check your facts before becoming a Keyboard Kommando. In my post I advised anyone skeptical to "search it". You would have found that I have been an instructor to many of this forums prominent personalities.

Jim

Tis the inet and your post makes me very skeptical. Unverifiable and I still say no to your asking for consideration. Hyping that people spend their money on your class because its cool is such a ridiculous statement my Wisconsin money stays in my pockets.

Since Utah is your primary residence you are from other than Wisconsin.

Last edited:

jpm84092

I don't get on this forum very often, but to clear the air:

I was not promoting "my class". The original post was posted by a Wisconsin Citizen (who happens to be an NRA Pistol Instructor and State of Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor). As a former resident of WI, I was just commenting on why I believe my former neighbors should give her class some consideration. If anyone had elected to attend that course, their Wisconsin money would have stayed in Wisconsin.

And, my "bonna fides" are easily verified on this forum.

Yellow Cat Out -

protias

Yellow cat, ignore Doug M Hoffman. He enjoys stalking, harassing, and beating people.