• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA-ALERT: VCDL is organizing NOW to fight back - we need YOU to do your part!

Ghost1958

There are several still under consideration but none put to final votes yet. I don't consider pushing off an assault weapon ban, ban of anything capable of holding a magazine over 12 rounds crumbs. Yes the battle will continue but that;s politics.

I don't consider being forced to surrender a rifle or become a felon a breadcrumb. Being required to do paperwork on a purchase or risk a red flag during litigation is better than being a felon.

OH, and what have either of you 2 done for gun rights today?

You 2 gents sure seem to be acting like simple idiots. Or kings whose intelligence is questioned.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/category/media/fox-news-flash

You do realize after Heller no AWB will stand up to a legal challenge yes???

UBC and Red Flag , at this point in time will.

I dont see the win for the majority of gun owners I. VA.

hammer6

You do realize after Heller no AWB will stand up to a legal challenge yes???

UBC and Red Flag , at this point in time will.

I dont see the win for the majority of gun owners I. VA.

How can you force a private citizen to do a background check on someone?

solus

Washington state initative, not legislation, passed forcing private firearms sales be conducted by FFL.
Firearm sales by federally licensed firearm dealers have long been subject to background checks. In 2014, the people of the state of Washington overwhelmingly voted to extend this background check requirement to private gun sales and transfers. The legal challenge to that initiative failed.

solus

There are several still under consideration but none put to final votes yet. I don't consider pushing off an assault weapon ban, ban of anything capable of holding a magazine over 12 rounds crumbs. Yes the battle will continue but that;s politics.

I don't consider being forced to surrender a rifle or become a felon a breadcrumb. Being required to do paperwork on a purchase or risk a red flag during litigation is better than being a felon.

OH, and what have either of you 2 done for gun rights today?

You 2 gents sure seem to be acting like simple idiots. Or kings whose intelligence is questioned.

Nemo
snippp...

ya know nemo...perhaps, just perhaps a better question is what have you done?

especially, if mem serves...you didn't attend the VCDL's debacle as it was too far to go!

of note, don't see any streaming headlines of your advocacy out of your local community, nor for that matter from anywhere in the state...

Va_Nemo

ya know nemo...perhaps, just perhaps a better question is what have you done?

especially, if mem serves...you didn't attend the VCDL's debacle as it was too far to go!

Your memory does not serve.

I made it to Richmond on the Jan 20 and got on one of the lobby teams in the Pocahontas building. And Feb 17, at the hearing. Its a ways to go but I can do the 110 miles when needed. Also I work one of the recruiting tables for VCDL at every gun show in the region. We have been able to increase our membership from about 7200 on election day last Nov to right at 25,000 now.

I regularly email and send real paper letters along with phone calls to both legislators in my district (state and fed) as well as Fed senators. When something is going on I am interested in, they also get phone calls, daily. I keep tabs on my fed and state reps and generally get to speak with them at some point on every trip in my area.

When the Legislature is not in session I get by their office or courthouse or catch up with them at lunch just to make contact and let them know I recognize them and let them know they earned brownie point or demerits for their votes and actions in Richmond.

What do you do?

Nemo

Last edited:

solus

I made it to Richmond on the Jan 20 and got on one of the lobby teams in the Pocahontas building. And Feb 17, at the hearing. Its a ways to go but I can do the 110 miles when needed. Also I work one of the recruiting tables for VCDL at every gun show in the region. We have been able to increase our membership from about 7200 on election day last Nov to right at 25,000 now.

I regularly email and send real paper letters along with phone calls to both legislators in my district (state and fed) as well as Fed senators. When something is going on I am interested in, they also get phone calls, daily. I keep tabs on my fed and state reps and generally get to speak with them at some point on every trip in my area.

When the Legislature is not in session I get by their office or courthouse or catch up with them at lunch just to make contact and let them know I recognize them and let them know they earned brownie point or demerits for their votes and actions in Richmond.

What do you do?

Nemo

do you know...when someone might check your OCDO posts NEMO there is nothing even articulating your bragging about your contribution to the VCDL Lobby day debacle...

Va_Nemo

Do you spend all your time here? Do you ever go other places? Do you feel a need to brag about what you do? Sure seems the answer to those for you are yes, no, and yes in order. It also appears you believe you are the G.O.A.T.

You asked, I answered. I dont brag about things. I actually work to get things done. More than playing keyboard commando, which you seem to be an expert at.

If VCDL can get it done, personal credit for it is irrelevant to 99.9% of us.

Nemo

solus

Do you spend all your time here? Do you ever go other places? Do you feel a need to brag about what you do? Sure seems the answer to those for you are yes, no, and yes in order. It also appears you believe you are the G.O.A.T.

You asked, I answered. I dont brag about things. I actually work to get things done. More than playing keyboard commando, which you seem to be an expert at.

If VCDL can get it done, personal credit for it is irrelevant to 99.9% of us.

Nemo

no nemo i have no need to brag...now do i nemo?

you were asked...unfortunately you capitulated and felt the need to brag; which is a shame nemo, cuz when any forum member's simple questions regarding any objective evidence of even minuscule activity you proffer or your hearsay rhetoric of activities just proliferate your continued lack of credibility and sadly you even fail at applying any type of critical thinking skill set which befuddles you....

twas with interest i noted no substantiation to your activities...

there is a lesson learned nemo...i truly underestimated the wisdom of pappy's adage...

OC for ME

What do you do?

Nemo
Congratulations to VCDL and to you!!!a three fold increase in membership is significant and to be sure a force to be reckoned with. Missouri has nothing even remotely as VCDL...perhaps it is that we have enjoyed a super majority in the state legislature to mitigate any shenanigans by anti-liberty liberals...for now.

solus

snipppp...

Nemo

so nemo a clarification...

you stated, since the 2019 nov election, VCDL'S ranks increased approximately three [3] fold ~ to 25K or an immediate influx of about $500K +/- funding into the organization's "non-profit" coffers.

Any VCDL's members wonder where the money goes or are the executive board members only privy to expenditures info?
perhaps hire a media expert ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Citizens_Defense_League

solus

dougie, from your pet entity...
quote....
Virginia Citizens Defense League
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
40px-Ambox_important.svg.png
hideThis article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (December 2015)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2020)
This article's lead section does not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (January 2020)

unquote

an illiterate recent HS graduate could do better...

KBCraig

By making the price for disobedience more than they're willing to pay.

There's no harm done by an interstate transfer of a firearm to your sibling or cousin or lifelong friend without involving an FFL. But the potential price for breaking that federal law is a major federal felony conviction, with huge fines and imprisonment, and a lifetime loss of gun rights.

And don't forget, the only way they know where anyone acquired a particular firearm via private transaction, is if there is universal registration: the government will know where every firearm is, who owns it, and how they got it, at all times.

That's their ultimate goal, because they can't confiscate what they don't know about.

OC for ME

By making the price for disobedience more than they're willing to pay.

There's no harm done by an interstate transfer of a firearm to your sibling or cousin or lifelong friend without involving an FFL. But the potential price for breaking that federal law is a major federal felony conviction, with huge fines and imprisonment, and a lifetime loss of gun rights.

And don't forget, the only way they know where anyone acquired a particular firearm via private transaction, is if there is universal registration: the government will know where every firearm is, who owns it, and how they got it, at all times.

That's their ultimate goal, because they can't confiscate what they don't know about.
The government will know of three of my gats...the others?...if I had others...that is...

Va_Nemo

This place now requires cookies to be permitted to post. I do not agree with that. In the past I have been able to avoid such using AdBlocker and Strict privacy settings. That is no longer permitted.

For this post I have turned those off. I shall turn them back on and clear all the cookies when before I leave and shall not return.

Nemo

solus

This place now requires cookies to be permitted to post. I do not agree with that. In the past I have been able to avoid such using AdBlocker and Strict privacy settings. That is no longer permitted.

For this post I have turned those off. I shall turn them back on and clear all the cookies when before I leave and shall not return.

Nemo

nemo...you might wish to investigate what has changed on your compaq w/OS 98 cuz with a minor leap of faith, i do not believe the administrator of the premier open carry forum tinkered with the xen foro forum's system - on purpose!

but whom am i to dissuade you from your true path to ...eh, uh, oh i know go to La Mancha...Look Don up and say hi for me will ya...and be sure to eat at Alice's Restaurant for breakfast as Amanda's omelette is yummy...

cheers nemo