• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Vanity Plates: "I CARRY"

wylde007

That was me honking and giving you the "thumbs up" near the Witchduck Road ramp, westbound on I-264 in Virginia Beach at about 5:30 PM Friday evening.

holzerd

Y'all have inspired me

Generally, I HATE vanity plates. But I've bent my own rule and just ordered my "open carry" vanity plate:

OPEN KRE

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm not real big on inviting car break-ins. Thus, no NRA or VCDL stickers, etc. I never leave the gun in the car (it was lost in a tragic boating accident); but I don't want any broken windows while a criminal is looking for the gun that isn't there.

Also, I don't want to tip any cops during a traffic stop. I don't want some cop ordering me out of the car just because I've got an NRA sticker or pro-gun license plate.

I'll let the open carried gun...um, oar...be my gun promoter.

YMMV.

scouser

I find myself agreeing with Citizen's comments. Besides, my vanity plates mean more to me by having my name on them than a political message however well meaning that message is

45acpForMe

I'm not real big on inviting car break-ins. Thus, no NRA or VCDL stickers, etc. I never leave the gun in the car (it was lost in a tragic boating accident); but I don't want any broken windows while a criminal is looking for the gun that isn't there.

Also, I don't want to tip any cops during a traffic stop. I don't want some cop ordering me out of the car just because I've got an NRA sticker or pro-gun license plate.

I'll let the open carried gun...um, oar...be my gun promoter.

YMMV.

I have had NRA, Lafayette Gun Club, VCDL stickers and some other politically incorrect bumper stickers on my car for a couple years now (since I got it) and never had a problem with thieves or vandalism. So basically I don't agree with you! If we don't stand together we will hang separately. I usually get at least one positive comment a week on my cars political display (bumper stickers etc). I have yet to get a negative comment. Being politically correct isn't in my genes and worrying about a traffic stop or breakin is bowing to pressure to limit your speech to avoid harassment. All polls show a large majority of Christian Conservatives in this country but many are afraid of their shadow. Today is the day for courage not when it is safe!

Now with that said, let me contradict myself. When I drove to FL this year I took off most of the bumper (magnets) since I didn't know what neighborhoods and areas I was going to that would pose a risk to my kids. After all FL gangs were shooting rental cars for the fun of it a few years back which caused rental cars to change their license plates and stickers. So I know there is an exception to most rules.

holzerd

Generally, I HATE vanity plates. But I've bent my own rule and just ordered my "open carry" vanity plate:

OPEN KRE

I've bounced my vanity plate of a couple of non-gunners. They can't figure it out. My point is that those "in the know" will get it while those "in the white" won't.

And by "in the white" I am referring to Condition White - the sheeples.

45acpForMe

My truck screams GUNS! and I've never been ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint. Hell, my plate says PROSHTR.

Well you have to admit there could be other meanings to that license plate! :lol:

Someone might think you are a lawyer with such artful use of the language that it requires boots to be worn. ;-)

ETA: Or you could just really really hate poetry!

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Well you have to admit there could be other meanings to that license plate! :lol:

Someone might think you are a lawyer with such artful use of the language that it requires boots to be worn. ;-)

ETA: Or you could just really really hate poetry!

LOL! I think when you combine the plate with all of the Proactive Shooters signs on the truck, it becomes easier to figure out.

raftgyde

My truck screams GUNS! and I've never been ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint. Hell, my plate says PROSHTR.

PROSHTR = Truck Driver
_winknudge__by_darkmoon3636.gif

Blk97F150

My truck screams GUNS! and I've never been ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint.

Thats probably because th cop saw the FOP and 'thin blue line' stickers.... :p

(Just kidding... I don't know if you really have those on your truck or not.)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I've had to buy bunches of GUNS SAVE LIVES bumper stickers because people often ask me where I got it and how they can get one. I give them out with VCDL information.

Recently recruited a DC resident to VCDL in exactly that way.