• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Membership Info??

Mr H

I sent my membership in a couple months back, and have noticed that the payment had finally processed.

Is there a packet I should be expecting to receive, and if so, how long before it generally arrives?

If not, then I was surprised not to receive some sort of acknowledgement for supporting the group.

Not a complaint... just wondering.

Thanks!

Last edited:

t33j

According to the last newsletter, thousands are handled by one woman. Paper apps and checks consume something like 10x more of her time than internet apps. I absolutely refuse to use paypal in any way so I ended up in the same situation you are. I just started getting newsletters and other mail. It took a few months to even get a membership card but does that really matter? Giving cash to an organization that fights for gun rights is the important part.

Mr H

According to the last newsletter, thousands are handled by one woman. Paper apps and checks consume something like 10x more of her time than internet apps. I absolutely refuse to use paypal in any way so I ended up in the same situation you are. I just started getting newsletters and other mail. It took a few months to even get a membership card but does that really matter? Giving cash to an organization that fights for gun rights is the important part.

Cool...

I'm right with you, all the way down to no more PayPal.

Just hadn't been aware of any "current history" on all this.

Thanks

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Is there a packet I should be expecting to receive, and if so, how long before it generally arrives?

According to the last newsletter, thousands are handled by one woman.

You can email membership@vcdl.org and make sure you are a member and she will send your membership card.
If you don't get the email alerts, you can go to vcdl.org and sign up for those yourself FREE right now.

All American Nightmare

What happened with PayPal?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Paypal has always been anti gun, anti freedom, anti American and owned by Ebay which is all of the above and more.

Plus the woman that owns Ebay and Paypal has real ugly legs:uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Let's see, here's the latest and it's only a couple days old: http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/02/24/205208/PayPal-Freezes-Support-Account-For-Bradley-Manning
One of many

As you said, "The latest"!

Horror stories are all over, and I'm amazed VCDL Funds haven't been frozen as have funds for other gun related organizations and companies. Even people who sell muzzle loading parts have been hit by PayPal.

This is a major gripe of mine, not only with VCDL but here also.
When asked why they use them, the answer is .."It's convenient".:banghead:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
You can still join via PayPal at http://www.vcdl.org/static/signup.html
Their policy is anti-gun. That said, many people LIKE using PayPal to grow our cause and get our message out. In my earlier days of telecom we used Bell Atlantic (Verizon) lines to offer lower long distance prices than Bell... and we used their own lines to do it. It felt good.

GunPal (https://www.gpal.net) seemed like it might be promising but had big problems with their name and internal operations.

I like https://secure.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/Public/Login.aspx as it was started by AOL founder Steve Case and he knows how to run an online business, but PayPal is the biggest and most well known and many people have/use it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member

Threadjack just a little bit. The newsletter is only printed 4-5 times per year, so depending on when you join, it could be a while.

That said, I'm the newsletter editor. I'm always desperate for material. If you want to write a thoughtful piece on why you carry (open or concealed), an experience, a book review, a range or equipment review, etc., please feel free. Send copy to newsletter@vcdl.org.

If you're not a good writer, don't worry. Get your ideas down. I'm a good editor!

curtiswr

I don't have my card yet either. Apparrently they sent it to the wrong address (my old one). They mailed the newsletters and all the renewal notices to the correct address however. Kinda weird. :confused: