• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vehicle OC misinformation being spread?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Easy The powers to be has decided such.

Not that it is right.

If it is a bag of dope in comes under plain view if it is a firearm it is concealed.

I didn't see any mention of the Wisconsin right to bear arms amendment in the argument maybe I missed it.

Wouldn't that amendment and the 2nd amendment be the first arguments you would use when defending a weapons case.
Most defense attorneys are not appeal attorneys. The attorney friend I work with is an appeal attorney. Every case worked on in the lower courts are attacked on appealable issues, Brady violations and government perjury.

And, you can't make just constitutional arguments. You have to raise constitutional issues as applied to you. One so called constitutional violation against you just may not be a constitutional violation against someone else.

You also have to understand that most attorneys are in it for the money. Many of them believe a plea bargain is a win. You have to manage your attorney and know the law better than the attorney.

protias

The law doesn't prohibit having a loaded handgun in say, your glove box or center counsel. Just because some like to think of the old law before it was changed, doesn't mean we still are held to the old law.