• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victim of Robbery Loses Gun License & Faces Charges

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Rattrapper

Northeastshooters.com has covered this from the begining, You will find the thread there. I can tell you that the Chief in Lowell is complete C***Sucker. I have dealt with him in the past, when he was on the lower level of the dept. I patroled that area for a state agency and told him to stay out of my business unless I called, and that he could leave.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Appreciate your response.

This is so egregious (from what I know) as to be almost beyond comprehension.

Irish_Dave

Things have gone from bad to worse in this case. Now the mayor of Lowell (total jackass) has proposed a city ordinance that mandates anyone who owns a 10 or more firearms have a burglar alarm system and a vault installed in their home at their own expense.

snatale42

Isn't that Websters definition of Massachusetts? Try growing up in Boston, which makes the rest of the cities in MA look like their PRO gun!

Last edited:

Irish_Dave

Isn't that Websters definition of Massachusetts? Try growing up in Boston, which makes the rest of the cities in MA look like their PRO gun!

Off topic a bit but I recently learned that Boston PD won't even issue an unrestricted LTC Class A to their own officers until after they have completed probation. They can can still carry off duty their 1st year but under the LEOSA and an MGL that allows carrying "Under the badge". This totally screws their own guys who want to purchase off duty weapons while on probation.

aspenrebel

Why do you say this is so egregious? Here in Mass it is the normal!!! Guy got robbed of his guns, therefore he obviously did not "secure" his guns properly in a safe manner as proscribed by Mass Gun Laws. So of course he is arrested and charged, and his Class A License is revoked , etc.. What else would result in Mass? What else would the Lowell police do? Actually do police work, go out and find the guys that robbed him find his guns and other property, and return it to him..... Heck no !!! That is not politically expedient, that is not politically correct.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Why do you say this is so egregious? Here in Mass it is the normal!!! Guy got robbed of his guns, therefore he obviously did not "secure" his guns properly in a safe manner as proscribed by Mass Gun Laws. So of course he is arrested and charged, and his Class A License is revoked , etc.. What else would result in Mass? What else would the Lowell police do? Actually do police work, go out and find the guys that robbed him find his guns and other property, and return it to him..... Heck no !!! That is not politically expedient, that is not politically correct.

Understand that I live in a more freedom loving environment and apply those standards to other locales - that coupled with the 2A and other "out there" thinking results in egregious, incredible, outrageous, et al, etc. coming to mind. I do thank you for your perspective though - admittedly my tolerance level is not at an all time high for such political shenanigans though.