• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Violence Policy Center goes ballistic!

Daylen

Wonderful news. When the opposition goes nuts you've probably won or at least are very close.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
When I was still young and stupid, a good friend told me that when the opposition's argument is failing, the only life line left for them is to introduce emotional diatribe. This is always a sure sign that you have beaten your opponent.

carracer

First thing I noticed on that cover pic...finger off the trigger! Nice to see the safety factor in what I assume is a Hollywood pic.

Redbaron007

When there is no logical counter argument; they then resort to name calling and manipulation of emotions. :banghead:

Geesh! Unfortunately, there are folks who suck it up like a Eureka Vacuum Cleaner!:eek:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I will assume that Ms Rand was not the only author of the statements attributed to her. This kind of hysterical nonsense sounds just like Josh Sugarman, the real "brains" behind the VPC. I'd love for some investigative reporter to actually GO to the VPC. I'll bet its some "one flight up" office or two in a dingy building that caters to other splinter organizations.

As others have noted, the use of frantic, terrified emotionalism is employed when facts run against them. Its straight from the old Bolshevik playbook: When the facts are against you, use emotion. If emotions are against you, use the facts. If facts AND emotion are against you, then resort to character assination or disruptive techniques so the debate can't proceed. A perfect example of the latter is seen in the following video. It is so obvious, it is almost humorous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8zbv7I6cTs

At least Sugarman/Rand aren't this bad yet. Just think, however, how astoundingly frustrated they must feel when they see virtually all the states in the union fall in line and accept some form of CC, despite all the "logic" and histrionics the left has resorted to. They've all used the same worn out caveats, the cassandra- like warnings of imminent disaster, the images of blood in the streets. Its amazing they even bother to talk anymore after all their arguments have fallen so flat every single time !!! What do you suppose the VPC membership numbers are like these days? As Daylen has said, we've probably won. Their last diatribe probably pulled in enough money to keep the lights and heat on for another month or so. When "the Onion" becomes the only paper to print their press releases, they're done. Stick a fork in 'em.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Violence Policy Center
1730 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
Suite 1014
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 822 8200

Last time I was there (a few years ago) they had a security door. Not sure if it was bullet-resistant or not, but I'd bet is was. And no, I don't think they were paranoid for having it.

stay safe.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Kristen Rand of the Violence Policy Center ramped things up a notch, claiming “Concealed carry permit holders don’t prevent mass shootings, they perpetrate them. They don’t support police, they shoot them.”
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-new-wi-carry-law?CID=examiner_alerts_article

I MIGHT have given more value to the claim in the internal quote IF it had included the words "Carriers of ILLEGALLY CONCEALED FIREARMS" in place of "Concealed carry permit holders"!

Jack House

Hey, they've got to get guns into the hands of criminals somehow, don't they? ;)

Posted using my HTC Evo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The crazy thing is Josh Sugarman is listed as an FFL on the BATFE web site and the address is the VPC address.

Hypocrisy?

Make you a bet that Sugarmen is NOT fulfilling the legal requirements to retain a FFL.