• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting Vicksburg and I want to open carry.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have a trip to Vicksburg coming up. My Sweet Baboo and I carry on a regular basis up here in Washington State, she conceals, I open carry. It is not a problem here very often and we plan to carry in Mississippi when we visit. Our Concealed pistol licenses are compatible.

My question is....will I get a hard time from LEOs? I know open carry is new in MS, I had to conceal while stationed there. Have you Citizens "paved the way" for me or will I be entering dangerous ground? Inquiring minds want to know

Chap

I've never carried in Vicksburg I'm just north in Greenville.

With the passage of HB2 it's a not an issue anymore. You shouldn't have an issue. I open carry in Greenville, my motorcycle vest covers the pistol grip most of the time. I notice when it's uncovered because people look at my right hip more often. No one has said anything. I know when I ride my Harley it's exposed, no issue with MS cops.

Chap

HPmatt

I passed through there last August and didn't have a problem - think it was just at the gas station - omw to VA. OC thru LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, WV and VA. Very nice trip no issues - ran into cops at several gas stations and Bojangles w/o incident.