• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voting Armed in North Carolina?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Mike wrote:
Custodian wrote:
Is this even legal IF it is not in a school zone?
Does NC even have a school zone ban?
Yes, North Carolina statutes prohibit possession of any firearm on school properties. As far as the original question, I will have to get back to you as I am not using a computer on which I can research at the moment.

Godscreation

imported post

Mike's right folks. Try to search through the statutes before stating or asking a question. I know this case it is very easy to find out if guns are banned at schools. The North Carolina Firearms Laws: "GS 14-269.2 provides that it is a Class I Felony for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any gun, riflel, pistol, or other firearm of any kind, on educational property..."

Custodian

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
Mike's right folks. Try to search through the statutes before stating or asking a question. I know this case it is very easy to find out if guns are banned at schools. The North Carolina Firearms Laws: "GS 14-269.2 provides that it is a Class I Felony for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any gun, riflel, pistol, or other firearm of any kind, on educational property..."
I know this much about schools. However, my place of voting is not going to be a school but at an apartment complex, which I can't seem to find information regarding.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

There is nothing mentioned in the statute, which by nature is a statement of what not to do. Which means you should be able to do so without repercussion. Does that make sense?