• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA Insurance Commissioner sues USCCA for violations..

solus

Quote,
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler has fined United States Concealed Carry Association, Inc., (USCCA) for violating Washington state laws by selling unauthorized insurance that illegally covers defense costs for criminal shootings.
“We made two things very clear to USCCA,” Kreidler said. “Insurers must be authorized to sell in our state, and policies can’t cover illegal activity. These law violations are fixable, if the company wishes to do business in Washington state.”

Additionally, USCCA was illegally acting as an insurer. Insurance companies must be authorized to sell policies in Washington state, and their policies must be reviewed and approved by Kreidler’s office. unquote

As has been discussed numerous times out here...the insurance effort might not be worth the cost...in this case, policy sales were illega!

mnrobitaille

How can lawful use of a firearm be considered illegal activity??

By Washington State's own definition, technically all pre-paid legal services are not allowed as any of those services could be used to conduct/defend illegal activity.

Ghost1958

How can lawful use of a firearm be considered illegal activity??

By Washington State's own definition, technically all pre-paid legal services are not allowed as any of those services could be used to conduct/defend illegal activity.

Because a lot of states consider a sd shoot a unjustifiable homicide until the poor subject living in one of those states can prove it was SD.

Other states like my own consider a claim of SD as justified unless the STATE can prove it wasnt.

OC for ME

MO is one of those states that require justification to be claimed as an affirmative defense...the state must then prove that your SD claim was not justified under statute.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The United States Supreme Court case of Beard v. United States, 158 U.S. 550, 562, 15 S. Ct. 962, 966, 39 L. Ed. 1086 (1895) stated that:

"The defendant was where he had the right to be, when the deceased advanced upon him in a threatening manner, and with a deadly weapon; and if the accused did not provoke the assault and had at the time reasonable grounds to believe and in good faith believed, that the deceased intended to take his life or do him great bodily harm, he was not obliged to retreat, nor to consider whether he could safely retreat, but was entitled to stand his ground and meet any attack made upon him with a deadly weapon, in such way and with such force as, under all the circumstances, he, at the moment, honestly believed, and had reasonable grounds to believe, was necessary to save his own life or to protect himself from great bodily injury." (my emphasis)

solus

No...the WA state insurance commission ruled USCCA was not a viable and recognized "licensed" insurance broker, therefore couldn't sell insurance in the state of WA

mnrobitaille

No...the WA state insurance commission ruled USCCA was not a viable and recognized "licensed" insurance broker, therefore couldn't sell insurance in the state of WA

The USCCA program is not insurance, as there is nothing on their website listing the Self-Defense SHIELD as insurance. Mike Kriedler & other states' Insurance Commissioners are classifying it as insurance.

OC for ME

...benefits of membership...like getting access to the VIP lounge at airports for frequent flyers...nothing more.

Especially when it states:

Here's Exactly What You'll
Get When You Activate Your
Membership Today…

Instant Protection, Industry-Leading Customer Service, & Immediate Access To Lifesaving Training

1572001667624.png

solus

MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
USCCA Gold Shield

GOLDMEMBERSHIP
USCCA Platinum Shield

PLATINUMMEMBERSHIP
USCCA Elite Shield

ELITEMEMBERSHIP

PRICING$22/Month(or $247 annually)$30/Month(or $347 annually)$47/Month(or $497 annually)

now my basic math skills might be a tad rusty but 22 x 12 = 264$ or 30 x 12 = 360$ or 47 x 12 = 564$ and the “savings” seems inequitable between the memberships for an annual membership ?

I mean 20, 13, and 67 dollars...the organization’s marking gurus seem to have missed the mark...

OC for ME

6.4% discount if you sign up for a full year vs. monthly payments. Given the costs associated with processing 12 payments per year vs. a single payment per year....USCCA is likely passing the nominal savings along to the member for a annual membership...sounds reasonable to me, from a business perspective.