• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waffle House shootings/killings - more gun control needed!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...treets-nashville-mayor-briley-says/540416002/

"If we can all just come together for the greater good, we can take these weapons of war off the streets of our country," Briley said at news conference where Metro police, FBI and other law enforcement provided updates on the shooting and search for the suspect, 29-year-old Travis Reinking, who is still at-large.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...affle-house-shooting-naked-suspect/540033002/

"Four of Reinking's guns, including the AR-15 rifle police said he used Sunday, were seized after he was arrested by the U.S. Secret Service in July 2017 on charges that he was in a restricted area outside the White House.

Following the arrest, his Illinois firearms authorization was revoked. Reinking's four guns were given to his father, who has said he gave them back to his son, according to the authorities."

YEP, we definitely need more gun control!

solus

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...treets-nashville-mayor-briley-says/540416002/

"If we can all just come together for the greater good, we can take these weapons of war off the streets of our country," Briley said at news conference where Metro police, FBI and other law enforcement provided updates on the shooting and search for the suspect, 29-year-old Travis Reinking, who is still at-large.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...affle-house-shooting-naked-suspect/540033002/

"Four of Reinking's guns, including the AR-15 rifle police said he used Sunday, were seized after he was arrested by the U.S. Secret Service in July 2017 on charges that he was in a restricted area outside the White House.

Following the arrest, his Illinois firearms authorization was revoked. Reinking's four guns were given to his father, who has said he gave them back to his son, according to the authorities."

YEP, we definitely need more gun control!

or mental health oversight, I mean really, the WH shooter was semi nude, er, wore a jacket only!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
or mental health oversight, I mean really, the WH shooter was semi nude, er, wore a jacket only!

So much for the reliability of witnesses or the media in reporting....wore black pants, wore a jacket only, was naked.

Of course circumstances change, and so do what people remember.

2a4all

The 11:00 pm news (WTKR CH 3, Norfolk) tonight had an updated report, including the initial press conference where LE described him as wearing only a jacket while parked in his truck for approx 4 min, then exiting his truck, shooting two individuals standing in the parking lot, entering the restaurant and shooting several customers and killing two of them, having his rifle taken from him by another customer and fleeing naked.

Another announcer said that the police believe he returned to his apartment for the pants before fleeing the area.

They've been announcing his name and showing his picture, so I'm not sure that his wardrobe during the event is really that significant.

That his father returned his firearms that were confiscated by the Secret Service to him after Illinois revoked his FOID card could be trouble if either or both of them still live in Illinois.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Someone said that they hoped he gets life in prison. There are those incarcerated that just love it when a new pretty face is dropped into general population with them. He would be a busy boy with life altering functions.

solus

Alas, the individual has been captured so citizens in TN can rest easy and watch the ‘rest of the story’ unfold...

of interest is dad’s explanation how the son got his firearms back...

or if “taylor swift” set him up to go on a rampage!

sudden tune keeps rolling through my subconscious...

They're coming to take me away, ha ha

they’re coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7D2ADAD2CE2140E4155A7D2ADAD2CE2140E&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:

JTHunter2

Solus - I haven't heard any interviews with the father on the local stations (St. Louis, MO) or any other explanation about how the son got his guns back.
What have you heard?

HPmatt

I heard a comment that a lot of the ‘bath salt’ overdoses get naked - drugs makes you feel so hot you shuck off all of your clothes. Remember a lot of the Miami cases w bath salts involved naked perps.

solus

solus

Yes, those "weapons of war," which directly stop between 650,000 and 800,000 violate crimes each and every year, and deter perhaps double the 1.25 million violent crimes and 17,250 murders which do happen. After all, when the UK banned most private ownership of firearms, their violent crime rate tripled. It remains 2.74 times higher than it was before the ban.

snippp...

Since9, you have been told at least a billion times you must have some sort of cite(s) to put your unsubstantiated hyperbole nonsense into some viable objective evidence to make the claim somewhat believable.

HP995

Yes, those "weapons of war," which directly stop between 650,000 and 800,000 violate crimes each and every year

Since, I think you hit the bullseye. This explains a big part of gun control motivation - citizens preventing crime is unwelcome competition for many who work in government! They want to be the only game in town, and corrupt civilians want it that way too, perks are exchanged between the two groups.

BTW, thanks for your service. I noticed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Perhaps that wasn't such a good idea, given the circumstances of what he was carrying and where he was carrying them...

Was he armed at the time he was arrested in the "restricted" area? I'd been assuming the guns were seized later as a result of those charges.

Last edited:

solus

Was he armed at the time he was arrested in the "restricted" area? I'd been assuming the guns were seized later as a result of those charges.

Interestingly, searching for any type of background on the shooter’s White House incident after 6 search pages with numerous articles, only on the seventh page was a paragraph stating he ‘tried’ crossing a ‘bike rack’ to enter the restricted area, asked to leave, declined, was arrested, released, and was talked to ‘FBI & LE authorities in Trazwell county IL.

Nothing was mentioned in the singular article I found regarding the tresspasser had firearm(s) on him.

added: continued and finally on the 13th search page

According to court records, Reinking entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with community service on July 26, 2017. On November 17, 2017, the court determined Reinking had successfully completed the program and the case was dismissed.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...e-arrested-by-secret-service-near-white-house

Last edited:

solus

A Tazewell County sheriff’s deputy had previously told the elder Reinking to keep firearms away from his son when his guns were revoked, an affidavit states. [so?]

Jeffrey Reinking posted $5,000 bond....

If convicted, Reinking could face probation or between one and three years in state prison.

Reinking’s attorney disputed the charges.

“Jeff Reinking has not committed a criminal offense. He has been charged under an Illinois statute that prohibits the sale or gift of firearms to someone who has been in a mental institution. But Jeff didn’t sell or gift Travis the guns,” said Joel E. Brown, Reinking’s attorney in a statement to WKRN in Nashville. “The district attorney wants to pound a round peg into a square hole because of the terrible events that happened months after Travis’s weapons were returned to him. Returning Travis’s guns to Travis is not a criminal offense and we will fight it in court.” https://week.com/news/breaking-news...-jeffrey-reinking-for-giving-gun-back-to-son/

Why is it eye95 your whio newspeekblog seems to not only report the facts faithfully but sensationalizes them inappropriately?

CJ4wd

Solus - what if the son TOOK the guns without his father's knowledge or permission before the son went to TN ?

solus

Solus - what if the son TOOK the guns without his father's knowledge or permission before the son went to TN ?

Then why is daddy being charged? Election campaigning in tazwell county? A sidenote reinkiking appears to be a power broker in the county so ‘pay backs’ or ‘one-up-man ship’ may be in this.

How many CJ4wd caregivers have you heard of charged when they profess LOUDLY little johnny [not to be sexist] or susie took my guns without my knowledge - Illinois notwithstanding.

Oh CJ, look at post 13 regarding sonny completing treatment...hummm

Whio’s news is really rabbit anti firearm even above mommy standards...