• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart being posted against carrying firearms in Nacogdoches, TX

Pat Gardner

I haven't seen any Gun buster signs at the Walmart in Coeur d'Alene Idaho or at the Post Falls Idaho Walmart....:banana:

WalkingWolf

Was just in Sanford Walmart yesterday, no signs. Probably the OP's case is some manager that got a wild hair, got a feeling that corporate will pluck that hair at some point in time.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Whether a rogue manager or lower level employee, have a feeling the corporate will jerk a knot in their tail if someone will follow through up the food chain.

stealthyeliminator

I don't recall ever seeing a no guns sign at a Wal-Mart in Texas, even an invalid one, such as the one in the linked story. Sounds to me like a crazy person got hired as a manager.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Didn't see any signs in Dallas on E NW Hwy this morning. Did see a Dallas cop OC, but he did not see my CC....
Lots of 9mm & 45acp. Absolutely no 22lr in last 2 visits 2 stores in N Dallas.

Wd think a gunbuster sign would not sit well in Nacogdoches.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Here's the 30.06 (ironic isnt it) chl prohibition sign for Texas property owners - this one is on the Baylor hospital entrance
1678006cbc1f6b460deb4db94b76b754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ak56

Campaign Veteran
here is what I have found.... http://deadbangguns.com/Articles/WalMart.html . alltho I have opened carried in mant wal marts around the nation with no probs

From THIS THREAD here on OCDO
Walmart

Policy is to follow the law of the state the store located.
Customer Service1-800-Wal-Mart
(1-800-925-6278) Questions regarding a Wal-Mart Store issue
702 SW 8th Street
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Email contact link:
http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Audio of Walmart Policy: Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

I OC with no problems in various Walmarts in Washington State.

HPmatt

Baylor cops are commissioned law officers - pretty sure they would enforce it w/o sign niceties and the judge would support them, unless you were his Dr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mutant

I OC in Mo. Wally worlds. Never an issue. I see that the reply was dated 2012. A lot has changed in my part of the world in the last two years

we are 138

rightwinglibertarian

I confirmed Walmarts corporate policy only a week or so ago. I do not know if signs have the force of law in TX but if they do not I'd be tempted to OC anyway as the sign is invalid as per corporate policy and has no business being there. If confronted, show the manager evidence that he is in violation and will be reported if he continues to harass you.

stealthyeliminator

I confirmed Walmarts corporate policy only a week or so ago. I do not know if signs have the force of law in TX but if they do not I'd be tempted to OC anyway as the sign is invalid as per corporate policy and has no business being there. If confronted, show the manager evidence that he is in violation and will be reported if he continues to harass you.

The law says that to prohibit CHL holders from carrying concealed on the property by posting a sign, the sign has to meet certain criteria, including specific wording. The sign described in that thread from 2012 would not meet the criteria as it is today.

I guess I didn't notice at first that the linked thread was so old. I think we probably need to let this one die, I don't know of it being a current issue anywhere in Texas.

rightwinglibertarian

The law says that to prohibit CHL holders from carrying concealed on the property by posting a sign, the sign has to meet certain criteria, including specific wording. The sign described in that thread from 2012 would not meet the criteria as it is today.

I guess I didn't notice at first that the linked thread was so old. I think we probably need to let this one die, I don't know of it being a current issue anywhere in Texas.

perhaps. But it does beg the question, what to do when a sign violates company policy. I would suggest it would backfire badly to take action because then the rogue manager would be very exposed as he would have posted a sign he has no right to post (from the companies standpoint). Now in those states signs have the force of law is another matter. Then an LEO could arrest you and won't care about corporate policy

flintknapper

Hold your Horses.........!

http://m14forum.com/gun-rights/168836-walmart-puts-up-anti-chl-signs.html

I don't know if the poster is going to follow through with corporate or not. Anyone else in TX seen anything similar?

I am in the Nacogdoches, Texas Walmart several times a week. I do not recall seeing any such signage, but I am going there tomorrow and will certainly take a look.

Even IF it exists...it is NOT legally binding under Texas law unless it is the PROPER 30.06 sign (meeting all requirements).

I will report back here either confirming or dispelling the claim.

Flint.