• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart requesting no one open carry in stores

hammer6

We shall. Where have you seen them walking it back?

Here's the official letter from the Walmart CEO:

What a complete wuss.

OC for ME

Grew up around bird dawgs...owns a gun....he no more supports the 2A as it is written as does any liberal...it must suck to be that dumb. Walmart CEO ---> FUDD!

Be true to your convictions and stop selling guns and ammo all together!! Then the liberals and cops will love you...oh, by the way, a permit is not required to CC in Missouri, a few other states too.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Though this forum is dedicated to open carry the positions of these major corporations preferring concealed carry behooves the states to declare conceal carry a right just like open carry.

OC for ME

I suspect Walmart promoting CC will have little impact on those states controlled by liberals...and by self proclaimed conservatives.

Cops will now be more aggressive in confronting lawful behavior. Cops will now be responding to every report of a "man with a gun."

Until the US Supreme Court reverses themselves on CC, and they will not do that to themselves, CC will remain a privileged activity.

Ghost1958

We shall. Where have you seen them walking it back?

Here's the official letter from the Walmart CEO:

From Business Insider.

" f shoppers openly carry guns into Walmart stores going forward, store managers may ask the shopper to leave and safely secure their gun in their vehicle before returning to the store. The policies will vary by location, however, and shoppers who are openly carrying guns may not always be asked to leave the store, a Walmart spokesman said."

JTHunter2

Where's the outrage??

By nearly a factor of four, more people in America die from the flu and pneumonia than by homicide (all homicides, including non-gun homicides).

The CDC estimates that 4.5 people out of 100,000 die each year from various forms of firearm homicide. Mass shootings, in turn, account for less than 1% of homicides.

Contrast mass shootings with the 12.4 out of 100,000 people who die in car accidents every year, or the 20 out of 100,000 who die from accidental poisoning. If these tragic deaths were covered with the same frequency and fervor as shootings, Americans might start wearing their seat belts and take greater care with potential toxins. Yet notably, there’s still no call to ban cars, or to require people to fly from New York to Boston rather than take the much-more-lethal drive up I-95.

defcon4

Dislikes Policy Change - Firearms
Response By Email (09/04/2019 02:48 PM)
Hi Robert,

We want you to know that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management team and thank you for your feedback.

We have been working to understand the many important issues that arose from the horrific events in El Paso and Southaven, as well as those that have been raised in the national discussion around gun violence.
We’ve updated our Open Carry Policy to respectfully request that customers no longer carry firearms into our stores or Sam's Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

We often adjust our assortments for business needs and due to recent events, we are making necessary changes. We will continue to serve our customers with an assortment that reflects the wants and needs they come to us for every day.
We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of handgun ammunition.
We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of certain short-barrel rifle ammunition, such as the .223 caliber and 5.56mm that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity magazines on military-style weapons.
We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of handguns in Alaska, which means we will no longer sell handguns in any stores.

Thank you for contacting Walmart where we are always happy to help!

Customer By (09/03/2019 05:41 PM)
I have just become aware that Walmart is changing its company policy regarding the lawful carry of firearms in its stores. I find your reasoning totally nonsensical and obtuse. Due to some recent incidents of gun violence your answer is to disarm or discourage the carrying of firearms by the law abiding population . It doesn't get any more ridiculous. Disarm the very people who need the ability to protect themselves. Nothing like creating a victim rich environment for those who wish to do harm. I am putting Walmart on notice that they will lose my business if they follow through with this insane policy change. I spend annually over $10,000.00 in your stores. I will definitely forgo the convenience of shopping in your stores in favor of my security. I expect that Walmart has just started down a path that will ultimately crush your profitability. Perhaps you should take a lesson from DICKS.
Above, in the shaded text, is the email I sent to corporate WalMart regarding their recent anti gun policy change. Above it is their response. And Yes, I know. Most likely an exercise in futility.

mnrobitaille

Dislikes Policy Change - Firearms
Response By Email (09/04/2019 02:48 PM)
Hi Robert,

We want you to know that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management team and thank you for your feedback.

We have been working to understand the many important issues that arose from the horrific events in El Paso and Southaven, as well as those that have been raised in the national discussion around gun violence.
We’ve updated our Open Carry Policy to respectfully request that customers no longer carry firearms into our stores or Sam's Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

We often adjust our assortments for business needs and due to recent events, we are making necessary changes. We will continue to serve our customers with an assortment that reflects the wants and needs they come to us for every day.
We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of handgun ammunition.
We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of certain short-barrel rifle ammunition, such as the .223 caliber and 5.56mm that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity magazines on military-style weapons.
We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of handguns in Alaska, which means we will no longer sell handguns in any stores.

Thank you for contacting Walmart where we are always happy to help!

Customer By (09/03/2019 05:41 PM)
I have just become aware that Walmart is changing its company policy regarding the lawful carry of firearms in its stores. I find your reasoning totally nonsensical and obtuse. Due to some recent incidents of gun violence your answer is to disarm or discourage the carrying of firearms by the law abiding population . It doesn't get any more ridiculous. Disarm the very people who need the ability to protect themselves. Nothing like creating a victim rich environment for those who wish to do harm. I am putting Walmart on notice that they will lose my business if they follow through with this insane policy change. I spend annually over $10,000.00 in your stores. I will definitely forgo the convenience of shopping in your stores in favor of my security. I expect that Walmart has just started down a path that will ultimately crush your profitability. Perhaps you should take a lesson from DICKS.
Above, in the shaded text, is the email I sent to corporate WalMart regarding their recent anti gun policy change. Above it is their response. And Yes, I know. Most likely an exercise in futility.

That response is a generic response they are sending to everyone that contacted them. I received the same response.

Ghost1958

Well ill havr to pick up a bef frame in a couple of days at the cannonsburg walmart. I will open carry. If they are dumb enough to ask me to take my gun to the car I will simply tell them to bring my paid for merchandise out to me and never return.

But I will not disarm as they have no authority to disarm me , period.