• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Says No To Guns

Ghost1958

They already crawdadded on the OC thing stating it will depend on locality and not all OC shoppers will be asked to leave.

The strongest wording I've seen them use is an OC shopper MAY be asked to leave. Up to each store manager it seems.

Law abider

They already crawdadded on the OC thing stating it will depend on locality and not all OC shoppers will be asked to leave.

The strongest wording I've seen them use is an OC shopper MAY be asked to leave. Up to each store manager it seems.
I understand that being asked to leave is legal but wouldn't it be better to post?

Ghost1958

I understand that being asked to leave is legal but wouldn't it be better to post?

Many states , like mine the sign is meanigless until verbally told to leave.

My state the signs by statute only apply to cc anyway.

All Wal-Mart CAN do in this state and some others is use tresspassing statutes. I doubt they will put up no tresspassing signs.

I went past one of the area Wal-Mart's today. No signs, nobody telling anyone to leave for OC .

I'll have to go back in a few days to pick up a last order , I'll see if that has changed.

Law abider

Many states , like mine the sign is meanigless until verbally told to leave.

My state the signs by statute only apply to cc anyway.

All Wal-Mart CAN do in this state and some others is use tresspassing statutes. I doubt they will put up no tresspassing signs.

I went past one of the area Wal-Mart's today. No signs, nobody telling anyone to leave for OC .

I'll have to go back in a few days to pick up a last order , I'll see if that has changed.
I have only one walmart close by. The others are in Commisota where I can't carry. I'll try going to the one i frequented for 10 years OCing and see if anyone says anything.

protias

Ghost1958

Olde news protias and that mule was whipped to death...

That guy pulled up a chair in front of the ammo case and proceeded to make a Jack ass of himself.
His behaviour got him tossed out. Not OC.
Plus he's an idiot for speaking to the cops or signing anything.
All he legally was required to do was leave when told he was trespassing.
End of story.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I was in wal-mart yesterday as the other grocery store in town didn't have what I needed.

Yes we only have two life in a small town.

But it was 50 degrees and it was raining. I had a jacket on but saw no signs or any indication any thing has changed.

The other store received the rest of my business except for that one item.

Other the years I have open carried a lot in both and never had any trouble.

If several million gun owners do not spend even 20 to 50 dollars a week at wally world it well add up to real money shortly

Will they noticed who knows will they care?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but 99% of gun owners a sheep. They will do what they are told. They actually believe you can't fight city hall. And, they have been told that you have to have deep pockets to fight big gov.

I've been a nonconformist all my life. I've fought and beat city hall many many times and lost few. And, I don't have deep pockets, David and Goliath.