• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart....

O_Kellogg

Not a lot of grocery options in Yelm, so Imma keep going and keep OC-ing till they speak with me directly. When they do, I'll ask "who exactly is *enforcing the law* when Yelm PD is not present?" Then I'll let them know that I was - untill now.

Boomboy007

I won't speak for anyone else, but I have spent my last dollar at WalMart. While they are SUPPOSED to have a "non confrontational" policy, they just nationally trespassed an OC customer in Kentucky. Fortunately someone filmed it, and it is making the rounds on YouTube. That said, I believe that I AM going to make a few signs so that I can stand on the public sidewalk outside WalMart and Walgreens and let everyone know how unsafe they have recently become.

Yeah, I don't have a lot going on..... ;)

hammer6

I won't speak for anyone else, but I have spent my last dollar at WalMart. While they are SUPPOSED to have a "non confrontational" policy, they just nationally trespassed an OC customer in Kentucky. Fortunately someone filmed it, and it is making the rounds on YouTube. That said, I believe that I AM going to make a few signs so that I can stand on the public sidewalk outside WalMart and Walgreens and let everyone know how unsafe they have recently become.

What do you mean by "just"?

mnrobitaille

I did OC in 2 Walmarts today with no issues at all. Just a few looks from customers & associates, but nothing else.

The 2 Walmarts I visited are the one on Sprague in Spokane & the one at Airway Heights.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

That incident took place before WM's new "we request that you don't OC" policy.

In addition, the man in question signed the trespass notice, thereby trespassing himself.

Finally, and as at least one other person has said/indicated, he wasn't merely shopping, but rather performing for his camera/phone.

O_Kellogg

Still normal cheap-beer and cheese routine - OC every few days. Had one cashier, who recognizes me, ask if anyone has said anything yet. No other comments.