• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Way OT, nothing to do with Open Carry...

amzbrady

No this isnt about Open Carry, at least not directly. Nothing about guns, or holsters, or ammo. It does however show a reason that the police could pull you over to examine your life a little closer. It does show how the police can invite the SS into your personal life and how they can scrutinize your way of life.
I just heard about this and found this interesting that it played out like it did.
http://www.koco.com/r/18752319/detail.html
I dont think I would have invited the SS in, but then I dont think it would take them long to get a warrant and trash the house, and take every computer to analyse. Pretty sad how our Govt has just invited themselves into our lives. Or should I say how they have invited themselves to run our lives. I found it interesting that they mentioned, they wanted to be sure he is not a radical racist. The land of the free, freedom of speech? I do not in any way, shape, or form, condone racism, that being said, this is America. You can CHOOSE to be christian, gay, a gun owner, an athiest, a racist, a liberal, a conservative, a democrat, or a republican.
I just wanted to bring this up, be carefull what you freely say on the back of your vehicle. It could give the police a reason to check you out.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

tony d tiger

No this isnt about Open Carry, at least not directly. Nothing about guns, or holsters, or ammo. It does however show a reason that the police could pull you over to examine your life a little closer. It does show how the police can invite the SS into your personal life and how they can scrutinize your way of life.
I just heard about this and found this interesting that it played out like it did.
http://www.koco.com/r/18752319/detail.html
I just wanted to bring this up, be carefull what you freely say on the back of your vehicle. It could give the police a reason to check you out.
A news story dateline 19 FEB 2009 and you just heard about it?

You're right - definitely OT, probably shoulda' tried "The Social Lounge" instead of here...

amlevin

A news story dateline 19 FEB 2009 and you just heard about it?

You're right - definitely OT, probably shoulda' tried "The Social Lounge" instead of here...

It may be an old story but it still illustrates the perils of implying any threat to a President. Some bumper sticker statements are bound to garner attention from various authorities.

It serves as an example of what could happen if, for example, people were to get too carried away in their disdain for our current government and implying any form of violence as a solution. Supporting the 2A is perfectly OK but advocating violent overthrow of the government is a totally different story. It's bound to draw attention from those who are tasked with protecting it.

Last edited:

tony d tiger

An implied threat or a political message - don't remember the whole story involved w/the OP but IIRC there was a big hubabaloo over any anti-Obama message at that time. How is this different from OC in regards to surrendering Constitutional rights?

amzbrady

:clap
I've been waitin' to cut my teeth in here.

The reason I posted it on the open carry site, was just for awareness. Some folks that open carry while driving a vehicle that also might be supporting thier views on this great country could give the police a reason to stop you and check your CPL if your loaded while open carry in your vehilcle, and some officers love to run numbers on your weapon. If this would have been you, and the SS came to your house uninvited, with a warrant and you have a nice firearm collection on display, how would that play out? Be aware if you have a firearm that is not registered could wind up in the system. So in a sense, this actually has everything to do with Open Carry, 1A, "2A", 4A, and my sarcasm in the title.

Last edited:

tony d tiger

The reason I posted it on the open carry site, was just for awareness. Some folks that open carry while driving a vehicle that also might be supporting thier views on this great country could give the police a reason to stop you and check your CPL if your loaded while open carry in your vehilcle, and some officers love to run numbers on your weapon. If this would have been you, and the SS came to your house uninvited, with a warrant and you have a nice firearm collection on display, how would that play out? Be aware if you have a firearm that is not registered could wind up in the system. So in a sense, this actually has everything to do with Open Carry, 1A, "2A", 4A, and my sarcasm in the title.
I think you're reading too much into it.
Didn't pick up on the sarcasm, as the title reflected reality - it was "Way OT, nothing to do with Open Carry..." 4 realz.
My opening comment only intended to point out it would better have been addressed to the forum "at large" rather than our WA forum.
Prior to joining this forum, I was uneducated on some of the finer points of RCW - specifically in that a CPL is required when in carrying a loaded weapon in a vehicle. I was "covered" - in as much as I had a CPL prior to transporting a loaded weapon anywhere - but only because of my particular circumstances.
Anyone outside of our state would still be interested in your perspective, I am sure. Given the substance of your OP I think this is the better choice of forum. :thumbsup
That - and (what I perceived as) the political nature of your OP is why I commented as I did. No harm intended.

On to the topic of bumper stickers and speaking your mind: For over 20 years I suppressed my opinion for professional reasons. I still recognize that freedom of speech can cause unwanted attention, but will I repress my opinion any longer? Nope. My circumstances are such that that is no longer required. I hope we can agree on this much - how's the saying go? "When man is willing to relinquish freedom for peace..." or something to that effect... I'm on your side, mate. :cool

M

McX

so i hear all you have to do is piss off the wrong bunch of evil bastards at work, and they will rail you out the door, then label you a terrorist with your local pd, and get you watched for years on end.............at least so i hear.