• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We want our senior citizens/retirees to be armed!

RPGamingGirl

Yeah, i got the point of the original post too. I just think there are better ways to help out our seniors than to ask for government exemptions. As others have mentioned, exemptions require more poking and prodding by the government to determine who qualifies, to what extent, etc. In a perfect world, sure, it could work, but we all know better than to believe it wouldn't effect other aspects of our lives, especially our seniors' lives, and ultimately end up in LESS seniors being able to arm themselves, most likely.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you know of a senior/retiree who needs a gun but does not have one, get up off your arsenal and help them out with a gift.

I'm too lazy to go looking for the Davey Crocket story of him politely telling the rest of the House of Representatives to go to hell over their desire to spend taxpayer money on some private charity act, but this needs the same sort of response. And the fact that the seniors/retirees who need/want/ought to have guns but don't may have some baggage about restricting the rights of the rest of us makes the idea of anything but private chartity seem even more odious. It's like saying the folks who voted for Obama get to go bankrupt last.:cuss::banghead::cuss:

stay safe.

SirTiger

I get it, I just don't agree with you.

Why are senior citizens a special group? Age? Maturity? So now the gubbermint gets to use these qualifying factors to determine who gets to exercise their 2A rights? Noooo thanks.

No infringements, no special privileges, no discrimination.

I totally agree.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I totally agree.

The sad thing is the federal government is the most racist, sexist, and discriminating entity in the nation. Blacks, women, handicapped, foreigners.... none of these groups are supposed to have any rights and for the simple fact that groups don't have rights.... individuals do. But trust the feds to come up with affirmative action (very racist program), quotas, preferential treatment, group set asides and you name it. How perfect a way to pit one "group against another".

I suppose I would be classed as a senior citizen, but you can bet I'm not about to claim any preferences on that mantra. I get rather disgusted at "groups" who believe they are owed something for being a "group". Somehow, this does not smack of being American to me.