• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Weapons Permit Badge" while open carrying?

Good Citizen

Does anyone carry a badge, like a police badge that says "weapons permit Connecticut" on it, while they're open carrying displayed near their weapon.

Is having a badge that says weapons permit Connecticut legal to wear. Now I'm not law-enforcement officer bashing but a lot of cops think there high-speed with their badges and their guns, And having a badge that says permit holder may attract attention, And could invite hostile intentions from the individual going outside the bounds of his job to stop you.

Does anyone on the thread have a badge that says Connecticut pistol permit holder and display the badge as they open carry. And if you do what are some of the interactions that you had with that particular badge?

I read a couple of accounts and other sites that say people Permit holders that carry badges have actually been more aggressively treated by the police because they don't like the fact that you have a badge to.LOL:cuss:

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Last edited:

Good Citizen

CCW badges are a not infrequent topic here on OCDO and universally disparaged as cop-wannabe. Up in the top right corner of the page as presented to me is a search box and an advanced search option. A site search with an external search engine has also proven effective.

Connecticut has no CCW, Prerequisite. Open carrying Connecticut is perfectly legal I'm just wondering whether a badge in Connecticut has attracted more law-enforcement or people don't call law-enforcement because they simply see the shiny badge and am wonding about people's experiences in Connecticut. I generally stay in the Connecticut thread because that's where I live so I really don't care With the same type of energy ,what is happening in other states though some of the information may be useful and I thank you.

The cop disparaging wana- be comment you made is the reason I am inquiring to see if law-enforcement acts more aggressively if you have your own purchased badge.

Thanks for the tip on the search!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Who and why would anyone want a piece of tin to imply legitimacy?

The "badge" has no legal status and only will lead the ignorant to think you are a LEO.

Rather than deter a LEO from checking you out, it will attract his attention. Be sure he will give you the opportunity to imply or confirm that you are impersonating a police officer.

At one time, I had to wear a badge. Now I'm not and I won't.

Common response from this forum is "We don't need no steekin' badges."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Apparently government thinks it implies legitimacy when it hands one out to a member of its punitive caste.

That's not to say a citizen should wear one. I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with officialdom by wearing one.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Since it can lead to charges of impersonating an officer, which in some states is a felony (loss of 2A rights), why would you WANT to wear one?

I'd rather get the average person used to seeing another average person being lawfully armed, rather than reinforce the idea that only police should be allowed to have defensive tools.

Maverick9

The "badge" has no legal status and only will lead the ignorant to think you are a LEO.

Rather than deter a LEO from checking you out, it will attract his attention. Be sure he will give you the opportunity to imply or confirm that you are impersonating a police officer.

At one time, I had to wear a badge. Now I'm not and I won't.

Common response from this forum is "We don't need no steekin' badges."

So you're saying...that going swimming off the Farallon Islands with a raw steak tied around your neck won't protect you by offering itself as an alternate prey food item?

Hmm. Clever; I like it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So you're saying...that going swimming off the Farallon Islands with a raw steak tied around your neck won't protect you by offering itself as an alternate prey food item?

Hmm. Clever; I like it.
OTOH - doing either of the things considered might be the quickest way to determine whether or not good choices were made.

In a game of Russian Roulette with a 1911, being the gentleman that I am, the other party may go first :p

independence

Does anyone carry a badge, like a police badge that says "weapons permit Connecticut" on it, while they're open carrying displayed near their weapon.

Is having a badge that says weapons permit Connecticut legal to wear. Now I'm not law-enforcement officer bashing but a lot of cops think there high-speed with their badges and their guns, And having a badge that says permit holder may attract attention, And could invite hostile intentions from the individual going outside the bounds of his job to stop you.

Does anyone on the thread have a badge that says Connecticut pistol permit holder and display the badge as they open carry. And if you do what are some of the interactions that you had with that particular badge?

I read a couple of accounts and other sites that say people Permit holders that carry badges have actually been more aggressively treated by the police because they don't like the fact that you have a badge to.LOL:cuss:

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Badge = privilege

No badge = right

Which one do you prefer to exercise?

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

kokslinger

open carry with badge

Connecticut has no CCW, Prerequisite. Open carrying Connecticut is perfectly legal I'm just wondering whether a badge in Connecticut has attracted more law-enforcement or people don't call law-enforcement because they simply see the shiny badge and am wonding about people's experiences in Connecticut. I generally stay in the Connecticut thread because that's where I live so I really don't care With the same type of energy ,what is happening in other states though some of the information may be useful and I thank you.

The cop disparaging wana- be comment you made is the reason I am inquiring to see if law-enforcement acts more aggressively if you have your own purchased badge.

Thanks for the tip on the search!

Carrying a badge proclaiming you.posess a carry permit in CT is perfectly legal. Its not considered impersonating an officer unless you are using it.to pull people over or tell people youre an officer. Anyone can carry a badge and doing so does not imply that youre an officer of the.law. emts wear badges. So do fire fighters. There is no law saying you cannot wear a badge and any charges of impersonation would be dropped unless, as i said, you proclaim to be an officer of the.law. if someone were to see this badge and assume you were an officer (which is the idea as to not have them call the police.to come harrass you about legally carrying your firearm) that is their problem for assuming. Its like wearing a police uniform. Unless it says police on it then it is perfectly legal ( it might even be legal if it says police as long as it doesnt specify a state or town...that im not positive on). Either way a carry badge is not impersonating unless you claim to be an officer or use it improperly. Any assumptions are up to the viewers perception.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Carrying a Concealed Handgun Badge is considered by most here as bad form. It sends a false signal, regardless of intent.

We wish to be perceived as regular people (non LEO) just carrying as we go about our normal, everyday routine.

Edward Peruta

Wearing a Badge while carrying openly

I acquired a badge and displayed it on Summary Judgment Saturday night.

We discuss many topics including firearm issues on this program.

Stop by and watch the video and go to about 15 minutes into the clip at this link: https://youtu.be/Tj1_QvJFaPQ

The whole idea of possessing a badge is based on the belief that police officers can openly carrying their firearms without causing annoyance or alarm because people see their badges.

OK, if it calms people down and makes them feel more secure, I'll wear a badge when I choose to do so.

LOL

Ed Peruta

Edward Peruta

Open Carry trial scheduled for April

Michael Picard was arrested in West Hartford while openly carrying a firearm during a DUI checkpoint incident, and will be tried on several minor charges in April.
American News has provided the following media notice with a request to video record the trial.

Here iis the link to the Judicial information: http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/Ca...ding&Key=a67977cb-9c80-4880-95d3-cbdd3465c514

Please consider watching "THE MORNING REPORT" or "SUMMARY JUDGMENT" With Attorney Baird and I at this website: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0CXBLyv6zwJfqGqZ6Wytag

Attorney Rachel M. Baird and I discuss many topics and have NO problem discussing firearm issues.

For those that know us, you will not be disappointed in the topics discussed.

The Morning report is live on YouTube between 7:00 am and 7:30 am (Eastern) Monday - Thursday.

Summary Judgment is live on YouTube between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm
(Eastern)Saturdays.

There is a delay of approximately 40 seconds caused by the time it takes YouTube to receive, encode and transmit the live program.

If you have questions or opinions on any topic, please visit our program and call in at 860-249-1776.

Stay
Ed Peruta

AMCABLE [mailto:edperuta@amcable.tv]
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:32 PM
To: 'Alison.Zawadski@jud.ct.gov'; 'Rhonda.Hebert@jud.ct.gov'
Cc: 'Rachel Baird'; 'cliff baird'; 'Paul Rosenberg'
Subject: Court Trial and notice of intended media coverage H15N-CI15-0959171-S

American News and Information Service Inc. is providing notice of our intent to video the Michael Picard infraction "Court Trial" to be held in G.A. 15 on or after April 25, 2016.

Docket #: H15N-CI15-0959171-S

Please forward this notice to the Hon. Joan K. Alexander

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta
American News and Information Services Inc.
American News Media Center
15 Burlington Road
Harwinton, CT 06791
860-978-5455

Know Your Civil Liberties!