• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wells Fargo banks??

dmatting

I have to go into a Wells Fargo Bank today to cash a check (check from a wells fargo acct). Does anyone know if they are OC friendly here in NC?

dmatting

So the branch at Brier Creek in Raleigh had no signs and no one said a word while I was in there - which was a really long time seeing as all I was doing was cashing a lousy check that was being drawn from a company account. They tried to get me to sign up with an account - no thanks just the cash, please. Then they told me that there may be a $7.50 fee to cash the check if the company who wrote the check doesn't have that service. What a crock of stuff that is - a fee (and a large one) to cash one of their own checks.

Anyway, they are OC friendly...

ncwabbit

getting tight all over the place w/companies charging fees...at least you could carry which i think was worth the 7.50...

my experience at the First Carolina Peoples CU when i put my check in...sorry there is a three week hold, then they screwed up the debit card authentication, then they screwed up the computer by inputting the wrong debit card number, and it went down hill from there...

wabbit

Ps remember the aero industry made $$600million from baggage fees alone last year...and ppl wonder why SW is going strong...

Hrcnsfan

I know this is a little after the fact but for what it's worth, the location at 50/42 have never said anything to me regarding my open carry.

moonie

So the branch at Brier Creek in Raleigh had no signs and no one said a word while I was in there - which was a really long time seeing as all I was doing was cashing a lousy check that was being drawn from a company account. They tried to get me to sign up with an account - no thanks just the cash, please. Then they told me that there may be a $7.50 fee to cash the check if the company who wrote the check doesn't have that service. What a crock of stuff that is - a fee (and a large one) to cash one of their own checks.

Anyway, they are OC friendly...

BoA started the check cashing fee on checks drawn on themselves, I stopped banking with them as soon as they did. I currently bank with State Employees Credit Union. Last I heard WF was OC friendly.

lannie

Wells fargo is very gun friendly. I open carry in their banks in Clayton, Raleigh. and Sanford all the time.
Lannie

F350

I OC in Wells Fargo banks all the time here in Colorado with no problems; BUT their refusing to do business with a gun parts manufacture has me getting ready to switch to a local Credit Union.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... their refusing to do business with a gun parts manufacture has me getting ready to switch to a local Credit Union.

I seem to remember the details were in dispute. Was there every any confirmation of the circumstances?

I would move my accounts as well if this was a legitimate issue.

But as it is, I've no problems with OC in Wells Fargo or Chase banks here.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

A friend of mine had a mortgage with WF, then he paid it off, and there was an overage of 30 dollars, so they gave him a check, then when he went to cash it they demanded a fingerprint. He tore the check in their face and left.

The big banks may build nice looking skyscrapers, but I don't do business with them, at least directly.

Good on them for allowing OC though

press1280

I can't speak to OC directly, but Wells took over the Wachovia banks around here, and removed the gunbuster signs right away. That ought to say something.

MKEgal

I opened an account while OC (depositing a large check drawn on WF, for some police officers behaving badly toward me), and have been in several branches around the Milwaukee, WI area while OC, with no problems.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... Wells took over the Wachovia banks around here, and removed the gunbuster signs right away. That ought to say something.

Same here when they took over NorWest quite some time ago. They took over the Wachovia here, too, but I wasn't familiar with those.

I had been a customer of NorWest, because I was a customer of PriMerit, because I was a customer of First Interstate Bank of Nevada, all of whom were bought out in succession. When NorWest was the first to put up the "No Guns" sign, I walked in and closed my account and told them why.

When Wells Fargo took them over and took the sign down, I reopened my accounts. I'm still shown as a customer since my account first opened with the old bank, too.

Jamesm760

Wells Fargo wants consumers to use its ATMs. To be able to ensure this, the bank is going with sophisticated technology that literally *********** software based upon the user's banking routines.

So you join less than 8 days ago, and you have one post, and it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.... and it sounds like you are advertising..

Seems legit ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So you join less than 8 days ago, and you have one post, and it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.... and it sounds like you are advertising..

Seems legit ^_^

Don't know when the forum softwear quit reporting publicly exactly when a new user joins, but this idgit just registered 5/7 at 4:56 A.M. - I must have been asleep at the throttle. Very few spammers slip in, they never last long. The filters catch 99% of them.