• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Caliber Do You Carry? And Why? Terminal Ballistics As Viewed In A Morgue!

j4l

Yet another thread that proves OCers are the bottom of the barrel among gun owners...

Try not to let the Handy and Schlitz types discourage you- it does'nt accurately reflect the views of actual, trained, and mature gun-owners (regardless of carry method) when we have so many kids registered in here and throwing out comments on everything under the sun.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
This is more about in the home than carrying, but what I scratch my head about a bit is when pump shotguns are recommended so often while at the same time so many people recommend not having a safety on a gun.
Safety switch to operate = bad.
Pump a huge slide between Every Shot = good, I guess.

Well let me put it this way: With a shotgun, the odds that you'll require a second or third shot are at their lowest.

re: the discussion about shooting through [your own] car door. If your car is operational, there should be little need to ever shoot from inside it. The car is a means of escape, use it. The car is also a more powerful weapon than a gun.

Keep your windows up, doors locked. And don't allow yourself to get blocked in. When stopping behind a car, never pull up so close that you can't see the spot where the rear wheels touch the pavement on the other car. If you can't see that spot, you've probably pulled up to close to maneuver around the front car.

A carjacking is more likely when you're getting in or out of your car, so pay particular attention to your surroundings during that vulnerable time. When approaching your parked car, always be alert to blind spots where someone may be lurking.

If, in the unlikely event that you have to draw your gun while inside a vehicle, first make sure that your covering clothes are not trapped by the seat belt. The covering clothes are more likely to obstruct or interfere with the draw than the seat belt alone. Secondly, the steering wheel will not obstruct the draw if you [in a right hand draw] you put the drawn gun alongside the 3 o'clock position on the steering wheel and then follow over the top of the steering wheel with the gun. I suggest practicing this a number of times.

HandyHamlet

Try not to let the Handy and Schlitz types discourage you- it does'nt accurately reflect the views of actual, trained, and mature gun-owners (regardless of carry method) when we have so many kids registered in here and throwing out comments on everything under the sun.

The hot air never ends.

And yet you still haven't explained how you need to shoot an attacker through a car door. Because the attacker's body is blocking the open window. Instead of just driving off like in reality. The reality you claim to have just witnessed.

Well let me put it this way:

Please Sir. This not the time nor place for reality.

Last edited:

j4l

The hot air never ends.

And yet you still haven't explained how you need to shoot an attacker through a car door. Because the attacker's body is blocking the open window. Instead of just driving off like in reality. The reality you claim to have just witnessed.

Please Sir. This not the time nor place for reality.

You are referencing PARTS OF 2 entirely different posts about 2 entirely DIFFERENT scenarios.
One was the OP's =-and hypothetical. The other actual, and in that situation the attacker was not able to gain entry to the vehicle at all.
(for one thing the truck had lift-kits, the idiot gangsta-wannabe would need a ladder to even get into the truck. so all he was able to do was wave his pistol and demand the guy get out-he didnt, instead he simply drove off)

As to shooting THRU the door, or any need to-which I advised AGAINST doing, and offered 2 possible reasons why.
Reality? which reality? Is it always possible for the guy to have room in front of him, or to his sides to be able to have driven away-like in the case of the truck? No.
If sitting in his driver's seat, seatbelt on, and has someone struggling with him, reaching in, etc- he may well not have been able to bring his pistol up high enough to point it through the window, leaving him the possible temptation to attempt shooting out through the door.

HandyHamlet

It was rhetorical. After a day of you name calling you finally realize we both think it's a bad idea (absurd fantasy).

Gee I feel like hugging.

But since you made the effort...

The key to foiling a car jacking is not a firearm but a lift kit. By your own experience.

Good to know. Thanks!

Glad we got that out of the way.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

And yet you still haven't explained how you need to shoot an attacker through a car door. Because the attacker's body is blocking the open window. Instead of just driving off like in reality. The reality you claim to have just witnessed..

Locally we had a woman who was threatened with assault at a railroad crossing. She had nowhere to go because of a car in front of her but the man behind her got out of his vehicle, pounded on her window and made threats. Had he been armed she would have been SOL.

What if your armed attacker is in a car and you are on the sidewalk going about your business such as going to move your car behind your house/apartment??

Shooting through barriers can be a reality even in a self defense situation.

HandyHamlet

Locally we had a woman who was threatened with assault at a railroad crossing. She had nowhere to go because of a car in front of her but the man behind her got out of his vehicle, pounded on her window and made threats. Had he been armed she would have been SOL.

What? The? ****? So she should shoot him through the door?

:banghead:

And if she was armed with pixie dust she could have sprinkled some on the guy and they would have fallen in love and lived happily ever after. In a shoe.

What if your armed attacker is in a car and you are on the sidewalk going about your business such as going to move your car behind your house/apartment??

You mean like a drive by, gang type shooting?

I wouldn't do anything. I might take a picture. Those guys have never hit anything but the 7 year old girl 3 blocks away, studying in her bedroom. Or sitting on the porch.

Shooting through barriers can be a reality even in a self defense situation.

Okay. I agree.

Last edited:

oak1971

Lift kits not only allow you to foil a carjacker, but you can save time in your commute by simply driving over the cars in front of you in case of traffic jams. Insert sarcasm here.

061608_1.jpg

Attachments

• 238px-Batman_(truck).jpg
    238px-Batman_(truck).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

j4l

Lift kits not only allow you to foil a carjacker, but you can save time in your commute by simply driving over the cars in front of you in case of traffic jams. Insert sarcasm here.

View attachment 7593

Personally, I'd rather just have a helicopter, and avoid traffic, completely. lol

HandyHamlet

Personally, I'd rather just have a helicopter, and avoid traffic, completely. lol

Sadly, this is how I feel we spent our day.

[video=youtube;CAP-Xj4Fz18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAP-Xj4Fz18[/video]

Last edited:

Billy D

It was rhetorical. After a day of you name calling you finally realize we both think it's a bad idea (absurd fantasy).

Gee I feel like hugging.

But since you made the effort...

The key to foiling a car jacking is not a firearm but a lift kit. By your own experience.

Good to know. Thanks!

Glad we got that out of the way.

Why dont you just shut the **** up, youve mde enugh of a fool of yourself..

HandyHamlet

Why dont you just shut the **** up, youve mde enugh of a fool of yourself..

Well this dickweed ain't NEVER getting an invite to the naked drum circle.

1257776577682.jpg

Last edited: