• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do I need to do when my tax stamp arrives?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
For an NFA collector it is truly a special day when an approved Form 4 and the accompanying tax stamp finally arrive. After all, you have waited long months for this day and suddenly it is here.

But don’t be too quick to grab the car keys and head out the door. In the excitement of the moment it is easy to forget that there is a small but important administrative task that you must perform before you can go and pick up your new toy from the dealer.

Excerpt ... Read more at The Law Office of John Pierce, Esq.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Wow, was this reminder PERFECT timing!

My stamps should be arriving next week. The applications were returned two days ago for a minor paperwork correction. It hadn't even been reviewed until last week, even though they cashed my checks in June last year.

So anyway, my next call is to my lawyer who did my trust to make sure I do this properly like you outlined. Thank you!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, was this reminder PERFECT timing!

My stamps should be arriving next week. The applications were returned two days ago for a minor paperwork correction. It hadn't even been reviewed until last week, even though they cashed my checks in June last year.

So anyway, my next call is to my lawyer who did my trust to make sure I do this properly like you outlined. Thank you!

Congrats on getting your new toy! :banana: