• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

Michigander

Glock 20 C with a reduced grip in a Safariland 6280 loaded up with the very hottest possible hand loaded 135 or 180 grain JHP's, surefire and/or fenix light, no knife to keep clear of local laws, and sometimes but these days not always a backup.

If I was still in Arizona, I would also be carrying a folding or fixed dagger and either an asp or pepper spray depending on my mood. As is, here I don't to make sure I don't end up getting rail roaded by local cops.

WalkingWolf

Glock 20 C with a reduced grip in a Safariland 6280 loaded up with the very hottest possible hand loaded 135 or 180 grain JHP's, surefire and/or fenix light, no knife to keep clear of local laws, and sometimes but these days not always a backup.

If I was still in Arizona, I would also be carrying a folding or fixed dagger and either an asp or pepper spray depending on my mood. As is, here I don't to make sure I don't end up getting rail roaded by local cops.

While I carry a knife, I never carry pepper spray if I am armed with a handgun. I do not want to be second guessed that I could have used pepper spray if my life is in danger.

This is usually what I carry, as well as a bug.

IMG_2013-03-23 16.43.51.982.jpg

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Brother - I wish you were here. We need as many "good" OCers as we can get. We are of similar minds when it comes to carry. ;)

cedwards

Sig sauer p250 sub compact 9mm in a fobus paddle holster. carry a ruger lcp concealed.

when funds permit i will be picking up a Sig p229.

LEX_XDM40compact

Open carrying here in KY Springfield xdm 3.8 compact .40. Currently in its stock paddle retention holster that has been working great. Soon to be CC and OC whenever once CCDW.

MSparks909

Gen4 Glock 19 or sometimes my Gen4 Glock 34 FDE. The 34 garners a little more attention but it's not bad. The 19 has the factory "-" connector and the same Warren/Sevigny sights as my 34 and both reside in CompTac kydex paddle holsters with the 15 degree FBI cant (not the slide version; the full coverage holsters for both guns). I like keeping everything nearly identical between the two firearms because I like having identical trigger pulls and identical draw strokes for both holsters. I compete with the 34 in IDPA/USPSA/ZSA matches and prefer the same level of familiarity with my 19 (which I also sometimes compete with).

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I'm not carrying yet being that I recently applied for my ccw license. But I have a Taurus 9 mm which is too big to conceal....

snip....

Uh, did you not notice that this forum is about OCing?
I OC a Govt 1911 in a level II Serpa paddle holster, or my Taurus 24/7 PRO DS 9mm.

chris829

7737C79F-668B-4C41-9601-19B32CA5F889-8973-000000F42A9A48A8_zps6bb5ef08.jpg

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Most of the last two decades as been a Colt or Kimber 1911 5" .45 ACP in various Bianchi or Galco leather.

I finally got through the 5-month wait and received my new sharkskin belt and holster from Milt Sparks (worth the money and the wait), so lately I've been OC'ing my S&W 625 .45 revolver. I'm currently packing .45 Auto Rim, and will soon experiment with some .45 Super loads.