• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

BlueSquid

Ruger SR1911 a very nice stainless one.

They are very nice, I've handled them, but haven't had the opportunity to shoot one yet. I have several good friends who have owned and fired them. The only thing I would recommend is changing out the front sights at least. From everybody I've talked to they had issues with them, as in they eventually just fell off from normal use on the range, and i'm not talking like thousands of rounds either, more like hundreds at most. That may have been fixed in their newer runs of 1911's, though, so your mileage may vary.

adk_mechetech

I'm not holding my breath for a CZ 1911 in stainless. I wanted my first purchase to be a new p225 in stainless but I haven't heard anything more about that project in a couple months. A 45 of some variety is next in my list though.

Last edited:

Taypo

I carry an HK VP9 probably 95% of time at work or openly, but I'll switch out to a 3" Kimber in an IWB if I'm concerned about it being concealed well.

Tneedham

I carry a Springfield Armory XD(m) in .40S&W in a Safariland GLS holster, and a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .38Spl on my ankle. Corebond ammunition for the .40, and Hornady American Gunner Ammo for the .38 Spl.

DocSkunk

Its been a long while since i last posted in general let alone in here. Things have changed for me as for my EDC. nine times out of ten its my Chiappa Rhino 50DS, when im going somewhere I can't carry openly I CC a Phoenix HP22.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Nice handgun. Beast of a pistol mine is. It took me while to trust the decocker. I carry it when I am out in the woods back on the farm.

The P series Rugers are very tough pistols the department I used to work for carried P89s we shot a lot of +P+ 9mm and as the departmental armorer we didn't have to do any thing to them.

My P90 works well for sure.

But that said my SR1911 and my Glock 23 are my most carried pistols for now, that could change as there are many good options out there.

Firearms Iinstuctor

My EDC drill was to fire DA, fire SA, decock, holster, fire DA, fire SA, decock. I trust my decocker. I still carry Condition two Safety off.

Many companies make both de-cocker's only and de-cocker's with safeties.

We had de-cocker's with a safety feature but always trained and practiced with the safety off.

Shoot de-cock then push the de-cocker/safety up.

It is a training habit just like many others.

Last edited:

Jimsouth

For years, I carried a Firestar .45. Beyond dependable. However, it ( for it's size ) is quite heavy; and even with a padded shoulder holster, I began to feel the weight. Moving on to a Ruger 101 in .327. More than enough muscle. It makes a .32 hole; and believe me, that is a hole no one wants.