• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the charge for lying to a police officer in Virginia?

WalkingWolf

Now walking wolf.... I understand your tactic by now. You just post like 10000 posts of gibberish all while building strawmen the whole way and misrepresenting what others say then play as if youve "won" something.

I've NEVER said a word about snatching anyone without RAS or PC. I've already settled it and cited the sources that say you CAN do a bring back and that transport is NOT always arrest in every situation. Its been cited to death.

The fact that you assign a position to me that I never stated then bash it and me so frequently says more about you then it ever will about me.

I understand you have this personal animosity towards me for whatever reason but no need to expend so much time and resources trying desperately to make me look bad.

On a broader note.... what does it say about guys when they pat each other on the back for "baiting" others into a discussion? Clearly the intent isn't to actually discuss anything, either for or against an idea or procedure. The intent is merely to get someone to post and then attack said poster.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Pot Kettle Black! :lol::lol::lol:

YES you did! You posted you would transport because the person did not talk to you! That is not RAS or PC! You gave no indication of anything other than that! You are dishonest!

Primus

Pot Kettle Black! :lol::lol::lol:

YES you did! You posted you would transport because the person did not talk to you! That is not RAS or PC! You gave no indication of anything other than that! You are dishonest!

Ok walking wolf I'll humor you..... cite?

Fuller Malarkey

~SNIPPED out the projection of the poster's modus operandi on others

On a broader note.... what does it say about guys when they pat each other on the back for "baiting" others into a discussion? Clearly the intent isn't to actually discuss anything, either for or against an idea or procedure. The intent is merely to get someone to post and then attack said poster.

Cops do this everyday. Police are trained to lie and deceive in order to increase arrest activity. Trained to trick people into incriminating statements. This frequently uses the old ruse of "good cop bad cop", harassing the citizen into statements that can be misconstrued and used to step up further violations of their rights and freedoms. Who here hasn't seen cops, in real life, on video or in pictures, belly bumping and high fiving each other after engaging in deceitful, weasle-like behavior?

....and as far as "baiting" for response, Primus is without doubt the Master Baiter on this forum.

WalkingWolf

Snip from Primus in this very thread.

Citizen- I want a lawyer am I being detained!?

Officer- ok now your being placed in handcuffs and will be transported back to the scene of the crime for a "bring back" ID.

Primus

Snip from Primus in this very thread.

Citizen- I want a lawyer am I being detained!?

Officer- ok now your being placed in handcuffs and will be transported back to the scene of the crime for a "bring back" ID.

Umm ok? The guy would already be detained based on RAS that he met the description of the suspect.

Lol try again

Fuller Malarkey

Umm ok? The guy would already be detained based on RAS that he met the description of the suspect.

Lol try again

Further making the case that talking isn't going to get you out of an arrest, and any further conversation can and will be used to build a stronger case against you.

So boys and girls, right from an unspecified end of the horse...don't talk to police. It ain't gonna help.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Lol try again

NOPE! You claimed you would let that guy go based on talking to you, then you changed it that you would transport if the same guy did not talk to you. RAS and PC have nothing to do with talking to a police officer. If there is RAS there is no need to gather info other than name and DOB. If there is PC to transport nothing the suspect can say should change that.

The only reason to let someone go who is a suspect is if there is NO RAS, or PC. Letting a person go because they say they didn't do it is stupid. Arresting them because they invoke their rights is just as stupid.

Primus

NOPE! You claimed you would let that guy go based on talking to you, then you changed it that you would transport if the same guy did not talk to you. RAS and PC have nothing to do with talking to a police officer. If there is RAS there is no need to gather info other than name and DOB. If there is PC to transport nothing the suspect can say should change that.

The only reason to let someone go who is a suspect is if there is NO RAS, or PC. Letting a person go because they say they didn't do it is stupid. Arresting them because they invoke their rights is just as stupid.

Lol

There's a reason you always pull things from posts and attack them..if you reposted the whole thing you would see if the guy had given clear evidence he wasn't/couldn't be the guy then he would be kicked loose. If he can't won't gibe evidence he isn't the guy then you have to gather info another way.... like a victim ID.

Im kind of flattered you feel this strongly about me that you try so hard.

Especially since we are talking about hypothetical situations lol

Its been fun ww but I've got some guns to go buy. So enjoy your day.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Officer- hey we got a call a man matching your description just did (insert crime) over there (insert place)...

You make some good points, but the real problem is how many times we hear that the conversation does not start out this way.

PistolPackingMomma

I've noticed something disturbing underlying Primus's posts.

He infers that if only the guilty need their rights; "if you're guilty, don't talk to us, if you aren't, speak up, it won't hurt you".

And he has implied the threat that if you do not cooperate, you will be taken in. As if the cop determines guilt based on compliance instead of RAS.

Given his conclusion that only the guilty should exercise silence, one wonders what judgement he passes on someone who doesn't fall over themselves to "assist" his investigation, and how he will punish them.

WalkingWolf

Lol

There's a reason you always pull things from posts and attack them..if you reposted the whole thing you would see if the guy had given clear evidence he wasn't/couldn't be the guy then he would be kicked loose. If he can't won't gibe evidence he isn't the guy then you have to gather info another way.... like a victim ID.

Im kind of flattered you feel this strongly about me that you try so hard.

Especially since we are talking about hypothetical situations lol

Its been fun ww but I've got some guns to go buy. So enjoy your day.

LMAO! If you feel flattered having a spotlight shined on you, then you need help more than I originally thought.

WalkingWolf

I've noticed something disturbing underlying Primus's posts.

He infers that if only the guilty need their rights; "if you're guilty, don't talk to us, if you aren't, speak up, it won't hurt you".

And he has implied the threat that if you do not cooperate, you will be taken in. As if the cop determines guilt based on compliance instead of RAS.

Given his conclusion that only the guilty should exercise silence, one wonders what judgement he passes on someone who doesn't fall over themselves to "assist" his investigation, and how he will punish them.

Thank You! :D Your conclusions are the same as mine, and probably most on here.

SFCRetired

Bottom line is that nothing you say to ossifer Friendly can be used for you, but everything you say can and will be used against you in court.

The safest thing for a citizen encountering a police officer is to answer only those questions that the law demands you answer and then shut your mouth.

Blk97F150

Well this thread started off specific to Virginia code..... but as Dorothy says: Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more!

Bid-to-make-Toto-breed-top-dog-in-Kansas-fails-3L14VMRT-x-large.jpg

Attachments

• wizard_of_oz_dorothy.jpg
    wizard_of_oz_dorothy.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 36

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Well this thread started off specific to Virginia code..... but as Dorothy says: Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more!

View attachment 11130

Roger that! It seems lately that everyone feels the need to jump in to let us know what their state's law is, or to continue their bashing war with another poster... it's getting kind of old.

Fuller Malarkey

It's fairly well accepted by most non-statists that conversations with police are best had once you have legal counsel present. I don't think that concept is limited to encounters where you are the subject of investigation. Even victims, it seems, can benefit from legal counsel when dealing with police.

The city of Lynnwood will pay $150,000 in a settlement with a rape victim, after Lynnwood police claimed she lied about the attack in 2008.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140116/NEWS01/140119310/Lynnwood-settles-with-rape-victim-for-$150K

Here, a rape victim was intimidated into retracting her statements and charged with lying to police about being attacked and raped. Her attacker was later arrested, and found in his possession were photo images of the victim and her ID. He was sentenced to 327.5 years in prison for his acts as a serial rapist. The Lynnville, Wa. victim was as much brutalized by the police as she was her serial rapist attacker.

It would appear victims need to use caution when dealing with police. Serious issues may warrant seeking out legal counsel or a legal advocacy. I understand we can't judge all police on these ever increasing number of isolated incidents [for the record, isolated incident 88,691, however, I won't include that because it throws statists into a tizzy], yet too much indicates we are walking on thin ice when talking to police. So why do that if we have other options? I understand in the heat of a crisis, we don't think as clear as we should, and it's easy to fall back on ingrained myths out of desperation. That's why I feel it's a good idea to discuss our options before we are put to the test.

It would seem victims in particular need legal advice when issues are critical, as you can't tell which type of police officer will show up at your crisis. Will you get one that places blame on the victim, or one that believes establishing dominance is more important than restoring order and helping?

Old Virginia Joe

Making a false statement to a "Special" agent of the FBI is a crime. It's why Martha Stewart went to prison.

It's not a crime in Virginia. But we dodged a bullet, because it was very, very close, thanks to John Cosgrove:

HB 369 Obstructing justice by giving a false statement.

Looks like to me, reading the weblink you gave, that is PASSED, and was signed, to make lying a crime. What am I missing?