• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is used to determine residency? Wake vs Meck County

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I am in Grad school at NCSU.
My permanent residence in in Meck County, and has been so for 13 years.
My question comes in here: I have lived in various locations in Wake county for the last 7 years. I would like to get my CCH and have already taken the course. I would preffer to have the apt. made with the sherrif here in Raleigh as opposed to Charlotte.

What is needed for residency requirements? I have been at two addresses for 5 years now. All of my bills are sent to charlotte. All that comes to my raleigh address is magazines and catalogs. Would something from the university with my local address work?

Thanks for any input.

jkeith

imported post

This is what is on the Sheriff's website. It doesn't mention a county residency requirement, only the requirement that you be a resident of the state for 30 days. If your driver's license lists a Wake County address, I would think that it would suffice to show you reside in the county. If it lists Charlotte as your address, then you may have a problem. You will need some documentation showing that you actually reside in Wake County. Do you have a lease on where you are living, a utility bill or anything that shows you are living in Wake County?

Requirements for obtaining a Concealed Handgun Permit

Applications are available at the Sheriff's Records Office located on the 2nd floor of the Wake County Public Safety Center, 330 S. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday. Telephone 919-856-6949.

Applications must be typed or printed and notarized.

Fingerprint Hours: 08:30AM-11:00AM & 1:00PM - 4:00PM

Fees are as follows:

• Application Fee: $80.00
  • Renewal Fee: $75.00
  • Duplicate $15.00
  • Fees are non-refundable and required by State Law.
  • Applicant must meet all application requirements
The Applicant must be:

• 21 years of age or older
  • a United States citizen
  • a resident of North Carolina for 30 days preceding the filing of the application.
The applicant must not suffer from a physical or mental infirmity that would prevent the safe handling of a handgun.

At the time of application, the applicant must present:

1. An original certificate of completion from a certified course adopted by the Criminal Justice Education Training Standards Commission. (716-6470)
  2. Two full sets of fingerprints administered by the City County Bureau of Identification. (The cost for this service is $10.00. CCBI is located on the 2nd floor of the Public Safety Center. Note: Do not complete any information on the fingerprint card unless instructed to do so by CCBI or Sheriff's Office staff.)
  3. Valid photographic identification and proof of residence.