• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What was the deal with the 10 million LEO patrolling during the eclipse?

Ron_O

Hey Guys,

I normally post in the Nevada section since I'm out of Las Vegas, but I ran up to the Stanley area (above Sun Valley) for the eclipse yesterday and I was open carrying on my motorcycle.

But here's the deal. Through Utah on the way up and back home I only saw ONE LEO on the entire trip (came up I-15).

But I untrailered my bike in Blackfoot and then ran up past Arco and Challis and then west to Stanley (gorgeous ride), around a 400 mile loop by the time I came down through Sun Valley and back to Blackfoot. But while I was in Idaho for less than 12 hours I saw AT LEAST 30 LEO and probably closer to 50. I couldn't believe it!

I've considered Idaho as my next home state but that's the type of thing I'd have to question. Is Idaho really that heavy handed or was this just eclipse overkill? And I mean SERIOUS overkill. I've never seen that many LEO at any single event any time in my life. Did anyone else notice?

I did live outside Sandpoint around 30 years back for a short time but don't recall anything unusual.

I was pleased to be able to OC the entire trip however, just like here in Nevada. It's easier for me while I'm riding vs. CC.

Thanks in advance!

OC Freedom

Hey Guys,

I normally post in the Nevada section since I'm out of Las Vegas, but I ran up to the Stanley area (above Sun Valley) for the eclipse yesterday and I was open carrying on my motorcycle.

But here's the deal. Through Utah on the way up and back home I only saw ONE LEO on the entire trip (came up I-15).

But I untrailered my bike in Blackfoot and then ran up past Arco and Challis and then west to Stanley (gorgeous ride), around a 400 mile loop by the time I came down through Sun Valley and back to Blackfoot. But while I was in Idaho for less than 12 hours I saw AT LEAST 30 LEO and probably closer to 50. I couldn't believe it!

I've considered Idaho as my next home state but that's the type of thing I'd have to question. Is Idaho really that heavy handed or was this just eclipse overkill? And I mean SERIOUS overkill. I've never seen that many LEO at any single event any time in my life. Did anyone else notice?

I did live outside Sandpoint around 30 years back for a short time but don't recall anything unusual.

I was pleased to be able to OC the entire trip however, just like here in Nevada. It's easier for me while I'm riding vs. CC.

Thanks in advance!

It was the solar eclipse overkill The media hyped it up to the point of that we should stock food and water due to the fact that supplies will run low from all the people coming into Idaho for the eclipse.
Normally, I will go days without seeing a police vehicle on my daily trips. I feel there is less of a visible presence here in the Treasure Valley of police than other places I have been too. If I knew, believed, or felt this was a heavy handed police state I would not be living here. Hope this helps.

countryclubjoe

Google the writings of a pro-liberty guy named Will Grigg.

Grigg was truly one of the great patriots in 21st century America.. Grigg is the poster child for William Cullen Bryant quote " Eloquence is the poetry of prose'.. I was saddened to hear of his passing.

Two of his excellent writings/books- Global Gun Grab ( 2001) Liberty in Eclipse (2007). I shall dust off and read this weekend in his honor.

Mr.Grigg named his son William Wallace Grigg after the Mel Gibson character in the movie Braveheart..

If the country possessed more folks like Mr William Norman Grigg, well need I say, the country and world would be a much greater place.

RIP Mr.Grigg.

Dom Spiro, Pugno

My .02
CCJ

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Google the writings of a pro-liberty guy named Will Grigg.

Citizen, one of Mr.Grigg favorite and often used phrases was " official victimizers".. While I use "petty tyrant"... I may need borrow Mr.Grigg term..

Be well Sir!
CCJ