• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When will Illinois join the rest of America ?

junglebob

Surely, Illinois legislators cannot continue to oppress the good people of Illinois indefinitely.

I look for a change for the better in the months to come.
This year the carry bill HB148 was only 6 votes shy of the super majority needed to pass and override a veto from Quinn. Two cases are in the courts against the state for failure to allow the excercise of second amendment rights outside your business or home and property or on anothers with their permission.

gs5150

Quinn MUST be voted out!

I honestly don't think Illinois will pass a CCL until Quinn is voted out. Obviously the man can't or just refuses to read and abide what's written in the Second Amendment. The other 49 states and the figures they've recorded must be incorrect. Although I did have a blind man tell me it was so plain to see that even he could read and understand it! Sorry I'm not holding back guys, but the frustration of watching an elected official not doing what's in the best interest of the god fearing, law abideing, honest people is so obvious here. Now that Illinois is the last state with no CCL maybe the NRA will concentrate fully and launch an all out campaign to "WRIGHT the WRONG"! Keep the Faith...
This year the carry bill HB148 was only 6 votes shy of the super majority needed to pass and override a veto from Quinn. Two cases are in the courts against the state for failure to allow the excercise of second amendment rights outside your business or home and property or on anothers with their permission.

awnuts

Having lived in chicago for 48 years of my life, I have asked jyself this question more times than can be counted.

The one major reason I believe that backs politician's decisions, has to be one thing......money.

That crime does pay in the likes of the chicagoland area. Crime keeps the lawyers, the judges all in nice paying jobs. Keeps the jails full, keeps law enforcement, and guards in a job. It's an all around win-win situation for them, at the cost of citizen's quality of life, safety, and their lives.

With constitutional gun laws in place, their dreams are then shattered. And so is their pocketbooks, their mortgages on their $800K Homes, their BMW's, and their Steak and Champagne Dinners.

Howdy fellow NM isnt great to live in a gun friendly state? And yes I lived northside 43 years born and raised. As for this I'm not betting on any good gun laws coming out of there. Heck I bet the Cubs will finally win before any law gets to there. BTW if the Cubs do win I'll die happy.

M-Taliesin

Carry will come via judicial ruling in Illinois, not a Legislative enactment...

Howdy Pard!
Yeah... likely right after the Second Coming, the Rapture of the Saints, and the battle of Armageddon!
Then maybe.

Hang in there America, Illinois will be along eventually.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin