• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When will Illinois join the rest of America ?

flb_78

Hell, I'd be happy if they just allowed open carry! I might go back and visit family more often then.....meh, probably not. :)

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I have a house in Illinois, and family there too. I really need to go back to Illinois at some point.
But I appear to be in an enforced exile. Either I can't go there, or do so under conditions I cannot abide:
i.e. unarmed, defenseless, vulnerable.

Either I stay away, or knuckle under to the oppressive government of the state of Illinois, and abidcation of my Constitutional right to self defense.

Guess I'll learn to deal with it eventually... after all... I have 49 other states I can enjoy my 2a rights.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MilProGuy

Surely, Illinois legislators cannot continue to oppress the good people of Illinois indefinitely.

I look for a change for the better in the months to come.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Howdy Folks!
I have a house in Illinois, and family there too. I really need to go back to Illinois at some point.
But I appear to be in an enforced exile. Either I can't go there, or do so under conditions I cannot abide:

Either I stay away, or knuckle under to the oppressive government of the state of Illinois, and abidcation of my Constitutional right to self defense.

Guess I'll learn to deal with it eventually... after all... I have 49 other states I can enjoy my 2a rights.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Really? You have a permit that is accepted by MD, NY and CA?

jayspapa

They can as long as the "good people" continue to elect them.

It isn't the " GOOD " people that are electing them!

Quinn won in only three counties and even if the 2 Southern counties had been even up , he still would have won with only Cook . There are just to many people that want to keep getting their free handouts and or kick backs in that one county.

Inroads are being made and people are starting to stand up for their rights in the North East part of this state so maybe it won't be to much longer.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
When will Illinois join the rest of America ?

When the state can vote like this:

ILgov2010.jpg

and not have a democrat win

Attachments

• ILgov2010.jpg
    ILgov2010.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 174

Leah

Well Good Luck!?

Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I live in Wisconsin and have learned that the poor crime victims in Illinois received an unwanted 4th of July present: A total ban on capital punishment! I understand why you quoted "unarmed, defenseless, and vulnerable. It truly fits. I myself carry pepper spray and for a while there was even a ban on that. I wonder if Illinois now outlaws even the most basic form of protection.

Leah

Leah

I am mostly a democrat

When the state can vote like this:

ILgov2010.jpg

and not have a democrat win

Well, I am mostly a democrat but believe in capital punishment if DNA evidence backs it up, and the right to protect yourself in self defense (right to carry). That is the "bone" I have to pick with democrats.

Leah

MarkD51

Having lived in chicago for 48 years of my life, I have asked jyself this question more times than can be counted.

The one major reason I believe that backs politician's decisions, has to be one thing......money.

That crime does pay in the likes of the chicagoland area. Crime keeps the lawyers, the judges all in nice paying jobs. Keeps the jails full, keeps law enforcement, and guards in a job. It's an all around win-win situation for them, at the cost of citizen's quality of life, safety, and their lives.

With constitutional gun laws in place, their dreams are then shattered. And so is their pocketbooks, their mortgages on their $800K Homes, their BMW's, and their Steak and Champagne Dinners.

gs5150

Embarrased in Illinois

Born and raised near Chicago I'm absolutely embarrased that Illinois is now the last and ONLY state with no concealed carry law. How can it be that I can carry on my own property but when I leave my driveway I must leave my Second Amendment Rights at home. Gov. Quinn ademently vows to VETO any concealed carry bill. What's it going to take for Illinois to pass a concealed carry law?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Born and raised near Chicago I'm absolutely embarrased that Illinois is now the last and ONLY state with no concealed carry law. How can it be that I can carry on my own property but when I leave my driveway I must leave my Second Amendment Rights at home. Gov. Quinn ademently vows to VETO any concealed carry bill. What's it going to take for Illinois to pass a concealed carry law?

Honest, ethical politicians.

Oppps - sorry about that - momentary dissociation.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member

The 14th amendment being used to enforce the 2nd amendment against states that attempt to infringe on that right. Put more simply: a miracle.