• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Bon Air?

riverrat10k

"A man was shot in the hand during a struggle with robbers after he had pulled his disabled vehicle into a parking lot in South Richmond early Wednesday, police said."

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...-police-news-for-thursday-july-19-ar-2067587/

Of course, I would not be in that area at that time of night unless I had to be. Or unless I needed to get some hooks or sinkers or buckshot from Wally world at the last minute.

Still, MUCH too close to home. Glad I carry. I OC at that Lowe's all the time. Have seen other open/obviously concealed carriers there, also.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Crowder said a gun carried by one of the robbers fired during the struggle, hitting the victim in the hand.

:banghead: And here I've been thinking that handgun manufacturers built in multiple redundancies of "safety" devices to prevent just this sort of thing from happening.

If I were that couple I'd be looking for a lawyer to file the paperwork to sue the manufacturer for at the very least the emotional trauma suffered when the thing fired all by itself.

Seriously, how difficult is it to say that someone did (or is alleged to have done) X instead of putting all the blame on an inanimate object?

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Better idea!

:banghead: And here I've been thinking that handgun manufacturers built in multiple redundancies of "safety" devices to prevent just this sort of thing from happening.

If I were that couple I'd be looking for a lawyer to file the paperwork to sue the manufacturer for at the very least the emotional trauma suffered when the thing fired all by itself.

Seriously, how difficult is it to say that someone did (or is alleged to have done) X instead of putting all the blame on an inanimate object?

stay safe.

How about if people start suing the MEDIA for inaccurate and incorrect information they spew on a daily basis!

Or maybe suing liberal judges that release criminals to prey on society when it is demonstrated that have committed violent crimes?

Both have the same low mentality.