• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whoever Open Carried in US Bank on 2/25?

FightingGlock19

imported post

If the dude's a member he, I'll pm him if he replies to this thread, or if he pm's me first, I'll let him know. If he chooses to share it on the open forum, that's up to him, eh?

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I'm friends with a married couple who open carry all the time in their retail businesses. They open carry when making their daily bank deposits, too. The bank doesn't mind them open carrying, but they don't like his wide brim cowboy hat and dark glasses, with or without open carry. The bank seems to understand that guns don't cause robberies, but they are a bit concerned about customers hiding their identity because those folks are more likely to be bank robbers not wanting to be identified from surveillance video.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I think a lot of anti-gun nuts would be confounded by a guy walking into a bank, openly carrying a pistol, and someone stops him and asks him to remove his hat and glasses.

FightingGlock19

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
How did this turn out? Kind of curious what was said in reference to this.
Well ...

The wife and I were there. I spotted the dude, 'cause I'm cool like that.

So, the wife and I discussed what we would do if there was a robbery, like had happened at that same bank less than a year ago. OC dude was cannon fodder, wife be my back up, and some other no need to divulge details.

Well, dude went about his business & on his way out, the teller got the ol' deer in the headlights look. Her and a male teller were talking about it. The guy said, "yeah carrying in a bank is against federal law unless he was an off duty cop."

The wife and I laughed as we waited for the branch manager to talk about stuff we were doing.

neuroblades

imported post

Typical sheeple mentality. Oh well, life goes on I guess. LOL Thanks for the update, I had been wondering about that one. LOL

neuroblades

imported post

It's sad that some people live such sheltered lives, seriously! Even worse and sad, it's these same people that are either so sheltered from firearms or taught that firearms are EVIL & BAD, that usually end up shooting themselves when they finally do have the chance to interact with a real firearm or worse, they shoot someone else accidentally and then WE, the responsible gun owners get the blame for it all!

I hesitate to say this in open forum but just look at all the states that have had school shootings over these past years. OK, now look at Kentucky, how many school shootings have we had thus far? As far as I can recall, and I could ve wrong, but I can't recall even one school shooting like this in Columbine!

We are born and raised with weapons, usually rifles but others as well. We are taught to RESPECT the gun, NOT to FEAR the gun! That on it's own makes a world of difference although there is more to it.

I had my first BB gun at 5, my first .22 rifle at 7, I was allowed to shoot alone when I was 10.

Even though some may say it's horrible, the best lesson a kid can learn is when they shoot and kill that very first little bird with their BB gun! I don't agree with doing this or letting kids do that but it teaches the kid a really serious lesson that nothing else quite will, your EVERY ACTION HAS A CONSEQUENCE! On that day I did that, I learned remorse! That day and lesson have stuck with me all throughout my life and has made me a better person on the wide spectrum of life. It has been carried over into my shooting life and will now be carried over into my CC life as well. I believe whole-heartedly in respecting life and I shall always. But when someone else threatens my life or the life on my loved ones or the life of an innocent; then they have decided that their life is worthless enough to risk it to take the life on someone else. My daily pray is that each waking morning that I WILL NOT have to draw my sidearm in self-defense!

AMEN!

neuroblades

imported post

Well, there goes that theory I guess.

OK, I just researched this briefly, I found the cause to be the early Stephen King (under Richard Bachman) book, "Rage". This book was related to not just this case but 3 other school shootings as well, of the 4 total situations, 3 were in Kentucky!!!!!

Well, I guess everyone knows what this means, don't you? Time to start banning books! *LOL* Yeah, it's crazy but I have to admit, it is interesting that 3 of the 4 cases mentioned happened in Kentucky.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(novel)

Liberty4Ever

imported post

Crazy is everywhere. High profile mass shootings happen in gun free zones. It'd be nice to eliminate these gun free killing zones, and Oklahoma is doing just that. KC3 is pushing some good legislation in Kentucky along the same lines.

Until then, what matters is the response to the rare school shooting. A knee jerk anti-gun reaction invariably makes matters worse. Fortunately, Kentucky didn't do that.

In fact, I've noticed that there is more discussion of the role of gun free zones in mass shootings. People are figuring it out. It's not the gun. It's the crazy person, and the disarmament that makes their killing spree possible.

neuroblades

imported post

i'd like to see on-site armed response. Some have argued for teachers being armed, some for the principal being armed, and some for trained armed guards. Whatever the choice, we need to do it! It's a sad state of affairs that has brought this Great nation to this juncture in history and have endangered our students. Personally, i blame the removal of the 10 Commandments & school pray!

Have you noticed in most of these school shootings, the shooter seems to shoot those kids that are praying? Look at the incident you quoted. That tell me alot the mindset of the shooters. If you research it, you'll see that church shootings areon a frightening rise as well!

neuroblades

imported post

I was not aware of this gutshot, I'll definitely sign up come the Lexington gun show on the 19th. Thanks for the heads-up.