• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why are most American made firearms made in anti-firearm states?

nova

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
Correction: Ruger moved to Prescott AZ recently. Far more gun-friendly.
Ruger's still HQ'd in Conn. but also makes guns in AZ and NH as well :)

yeahYeah

imported post

When many of these companies were founded, "anti-gun" and the brady bunch did not exist. The baby boomer generation has done wonders to this country (no offense to all you baby boomer OCers!!!)

Guns were once part of the greater culture of this country, now its more of a "fundamental" fridge culture as the media puts it.

smash29

imported post

Well at least I can be proud of the fact that there are so many manufacturers in the state where I was born, raised, and spent 30 of my 37 years, Connecticut. I bought a Colt Series 80 (for the most part) simply because I felt it was my civic duty to own a gun made one town over from my hometown and I'll be using that "CT based/made" kind of rationalization to justify many more purchases in the future.

A Stag Arms AR....

AMossberg shotgun....

A Ruger revolver....

A Ruger pistol....

A Colt Revolver....

The list goes on and on.... I mean I have to do it, right?

After that is complete I'll like likely move on to the nearby states as well. Springfield MA is spitting distance from CT and if you go there, wellyou might as well hit Exeter NH too....